Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Sage 100 Contractor

Sage 100 Contractor, formerly known as Sage Master Builder, focuses on the needs of small to mid-sized construction companies, including general contractors, service or specialty contractors, and home builders. A great fit for...

Saiba mais

Notas do recurso

3,5

Veja as avaliações do Sage 100 Contractor

364 de 364 avaliações
Ordenar por:
Alan B.

Customize to your needs.

Good once you get past the computer chat feature.

Vantagens

I like that I can customize impute fields and reports so I can get information the way I need it to save me time and money. I only have a couple reports that I modify outside of Sage which is do to info that I want to view in different ways. The raw data is able to be exported out of Sage to excel which makes this very easy. I love the email capability of invoice and Statements which saves a lot on postage and with the ready receipt, I can confirm customer received.

Desvantagens

I don't like that there are areas that I can't modify reports and so I need to pay for custom reports. I also wish sales tax could be figure by job so when I enter invoices, I have more than the Vendor default option. So basically, when I enter the job on the invoice entry screen, it would pull the job tax rate.

Resposta de Sage

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Jacqueline K.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 02/11/2016

New to Sage 100 but like it so far

We spent a lot of time researching various products for our construction project management software. We had tried Builder Trend and didn't like the clunkiness of messaging, to-do's, and the selections. It also didn't handle payroll. We were looking for a one-software-does-all program; something that could handle everything from leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration. We chose Sage 100 Contractor because of it's ability to do all of these things.
So far, we have completed a bunch of training on Sage, and we have just recently gone live. It seems like it works very well and handles most tasks efficiently.

Vantagens

Does all of the tasks I mentioned; leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration.
Massively reduces the likelihood of double entry.
Pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive.
Easy job reporting functionality.
Great payroll functionality and end of year automation (eg for T5018s for subs)

Desvantagens

Not cloud based so it's difficult to access the information from anywhere.
Not a mac software and does not work great with Parallels.
Does not include time-tracking software for employee time sheets and we've been recommended against Sage Anywhere (the software we were initially told would perform this task) by the actual sales consultants at Sage!
Does not integrate with Toggle (the time management software we are currently using.)
Because of the points above, entering time cards for job costing is very time consuming.
Very expensive!

Michelle B.

Sage 100 review

Overall, we have become more acquainted with the software which has lessoned the frustration. That and having a great IT rep to help us through issues is a tremendous +

Our company was with American Contractors prior to SAGE. There are some areas
that are an improvement over AC. With the help of our Sage IT, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we were able to work through the initial frustration of a new system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a tremendous asset to us!

Desvantagens

Not as user friendly as we hoped for. We have worked now with Sage since 2019 so things are easier.
Originally, we thought it was an older platform and that is why some actions were outdated and still are.
For instance, coding material sent to jobs through payroll. Not an option to code to the job at time of entry. We have to print the report, and do a general journal to apply.

Debbie B.

Sage 100 Contractor Review

Vantagens

job cost reports, ease of reviewing subcontracts with change orders and entering sub invoices against the subcontract, having the certificates screen and getting the warning when you enter payables and set up to print checks

Desvantagens

in the takeoff releasing subcontract you don't get a warning when certificates are not current. I just feel like it's overpriced since there is not unlimited support for the basic level.

Jeanne B.

Avaliado em 05/10/2017

Sage 100 has simplified my job as Office Manager and Bookkeeper.

Overall, Sage 100 Contractor is a wonderful software program. The support and technical assistance staff have been wonderful in the past and are always helpful with fixing any problems with may occur. We have been using this software since 2003 and it has been great. Another great feature are the reports for preparing quarterly payroll tax returns. This feature is a definite time saver for which I am very grateful.

Vantagens

I really like all the different reports that are available. I like having a client data base with all the contact information at my fingertips and it is wonderful that my boss can access it from his "laptop" so that he does not have to use the "main" computer to access the database or any bookkeeping information he may require for a specific job.

Desvantagens

The only con is that now that we upgraded to Windows 10 there are are a few glitches. For example, whenever Windows 10 does an update on the "main" computer, it is necessary for me to "reset" the Sage 100 Contractor Hosting Framework back to "running" and also the Sage 100 SQL Contractor Hosting Framework back to "running". It is a bit of an inconvenience since my boss does not know how to "reset" them and therefore cannot access the bookkeeping information.

Arthur S.

Versatile and Powerful

I started using MasterBuilder in 1998. I found it has a robust payroll module enabling ease of use for Federal, State and Union payroll issues. The addition of Aatrix actually improved the payroll module. This program works for individual homes to large scale civil construction projects.

Vantagens

This product is flexible and can be used for a variety of different types and sizes of projects.

Desvantagens

Customer Support is through your local network. Sage provides zero customer support and treats their customers as if they are trying to steal from them.

Elaine E.

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Sage 100 Contractor

Very good.

Vantagens

It has more detail than our previous software. I really like the drill-down capability.

Desvantagens

I would like to be able to work with someone at Sage to improve their Progress Billing fields. It is good for a basic set-up, but many of the Contractors that we bill have custom forms, requiring more fields that require the use of the Custom Fields tables. Good that the fields are there, bad in that they do not appear on the screen while billing. Makes the progress billing seem clunky. Also, would like more flexibility in the report writing (such as Outer Join, Left Join, Right Join).

Leigh S.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

SAGE 100 REVIEW

Overall I like the software and look forward to updates and better reporting and billing systems.

Vantagens

Software is basically user friendly. I like how System Menu is set up and payroll is very functional.

Desvantagens

Reports in this software are the worst part of it.
It needs to be updated and make it easier to build and customize reports to suit company use.
Also need to have an easier T&M workup system and reports.

Diane P.

ten plus years

Overall it was a good purchase. We do not use it for estimating. Kuesel utilizes the payables, receivables, payroll, equipment, and job cost.

Vantagens

As a construction company, we needed job cost to be detailed. We were originally with QuickBooks. This software definitely gave us the detail to figure out where our cost was going per project. I also like the feature that it records every transaction, so there is no guessing if someone changed the data.

Desvantagens

I still struggle with tech support. I do not understand the Sage City, nor the Knowledge base.

Michael S.

Construction User

We have had nothing but great experience with the software and customer service has be great.

Vantagens

The software help tracking expenses and history of job cost is top of the line. Progress billing is the best and easiest we have seen.

Desvantagens

It does have a deep learning cure but once you are past that it is easy to use software

Karen S.

Karen Schwingle

I have used Sage 100 Contractor in one version or another since 2004 through my employment with a former Corian countertop fabricator and my association with Suitable Solutions ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). I love it! I believe it is an extremely workable program for contractors.

Vantagens

I work for a commercial roofing contractor. I think the project management system had the most impact, because non-accounting employees have access to it and they learn what it takes to keep a job moving forward.

Desvantagens

This is not so much something that I "like least" about Sage, but the hardest part for me was getting others in the company to realize that I did not have to be the person to do EVERYTHING. They were capable of entering purchase orders.....they were capable of entering a change order.....they were capable of running a report. It has taken a couple years (we went live in 2017) for other staff to buy into the program. It is now going well.

Sherry d A.

Powerful Construction software

love it.

Vantagens

Job costing, payroll direct deposit, ACH, Reporting, project work center, customized reports, archive features, integration with Outlook, the ability to input suggestions and vote on others ideas, etc

Desvantagens

The initial implementation and setup. Our Consultant was not the best in the implementation process. We have since connected with someone who is FABULOUS and knows how to best help the Client to setup "best practices" from the start. I only wish we had connected with her at the onset.
Some of the programming still has "glitches" and boots you out of the program - annoying. F2 should be edit, and pulls up a calendar, Enter key and Tab key don't work consistently with other Microsoft programs - slight annoyance.

Avaliador Verificado

10+ years of Sage

Overall I have had very little problems in Sage for the my 10+ years of using the product. I think it flows rather well, but when I had to train someone else because of concerns over COVID, it was a little tricky. There are some deductions I have to compute manually because I can't tell it to include overtime, but not vacation or sick when creating the deduction. I also don't like that when creating a paygroup you need to save before adding benefits, but that's a minor inconvenience. I have also adapted paygroup for the different benefit levels of my employees who attend school and have different impact to compensation. Overall I would recommend.

Vantagens

It is easy to input invoices and do most of payroll. The certified payroll still needs a little work for those of us not doing it electronically. I have never had an issue with the quarterly or end of yea tax reports. Archiving previous years and locking down transactions prior to archiving has become much simpler. I do customized reports from time to time and generally they are rather easy to do.

Desvantagens

I would like to see a tab in the jobs that has all the information needed for the A1-131 top section report.

I would like to see date added when it notifies you in accounts payable that you have a duplicate invoice number.

Lately I have had to install the program onto new computers. The install was not as smooth due to Microsoft. I wish I had a updated list that said you also will need to download these applications as they are no longer automatically provided by Microsoft - ie Framework, SQL 2014.

Mary F.

Avaliado em 16/03/2021

A few items to improve an already great product.

Vantagens

My boss has a lot of money going out; with that in mind, I start my bank reconciliation early and keep it going until month end.
Sage far surpasses all other accounting software in this particular process.

Desvantagens

Searching for an item could be improved dramatically!
Also, if I issue a check by copying an old one issued to the same person. It becomes a journal entry and if I ask the computer for all payments issued to that person that journal entry is not always included. I need to be careful and check job costs, not just payments made.
One other item, when issuing a check, I appreciate the manual check choice being added, I would suggest a small tweak, I wonder if you offered the verbiage "Debit Card", as well.
I would be curious to attend short 15 minutes or so, info meetings- that would focus on educating users on particular features, for example in estimating and scheduling.
Something that would have visual aids not just reading in the Sage Help.
Maybe a recording in Zoom or YouTube a meeting accessible through your help site.
I am a visual learner reading does not help me as much as a visual coach.

One last item I would like to see implemented, I doubt it can be but here goes.

If possible when I need to start a help ticket, sometimes what I need say is complicated. I need to type 2-3 paragraphs. I wish there was a streamlined way to get a person to talk to.
Using the chat box is great unless it is a complicated issue, I wish I could type ## or something and that would direct me to the call back Que.
Thank You so much for asking.

Cheryl L.

Sage Review from Ft. Myers

This product keeps daily track of so many aspects of running a business and is very structured in keeping you and your business concerns organized. I completely depend on this for ALL of our accounting and project needs. Again, I can not say enough about the customer service.

Vantagens

This software is very detailed and will give you the information you need and depend on for daily use. We use only this product for all of our construction accounting /project needs. The reports it creates gives you the information needed per project, to see in daily figures what that project looks like from many aspects. You can also create specific reports if needed, but I have never needed to do that. They have GREAT customer service. They will log in with you and see what you have going on or what you're trying to do and will give you whatever help you need. I completely depend on this product.

Desvantagens

Since this product is so detailed, some of the steps to "fix" something can be confusing and will have many steps to undo. Sometimes there can be more than one way to redo something and I get myself confused as to which action to take, but I know that customer service is completely dependable and they are only a call away to help.

Dennis C.

Wouldn't Recommend for a Specialty Contractor

We use Sage 100 for all of our accounting/payroll/purchasing/subcontracting and project management.

Vantagens

I've been using the software for seventeen years --- drill down works great --- generally intuitive to use. Can teach others to use in a short time.

Desvantagens

Reports are needing serious work that Sage just won't change, Some work arounds that we implemented when we first started using the product are STILL required seventeen years later. There are also STILL issues within the program that Sage just can't fix. Have had to hire third party consultants to help with some issues and reports.

Resposta de Sage

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Sarah S.

Avaliado em 30/03/2021

Sage Keeps Our Accounting Running Smooth

Sage helps us keep better track of the jobs we have in process. We are able to provide reports and invoices to our customers.

Vantagens

I like how the software is integrated for use in receivables and payables.

Desvantagens

The Estimating Software is not being used by us because it doesn't integrate with how we do our bids.

Linda G.

Avaliado em 17/03/2021

Sage 100 Contractor

Overall, we are happy with the product although we do not use it to its fullest.

Vantagens

Most like the payroll software. Very easy and has a lot of extra features such as ability to do certified payrolls.

Desvantagens

Finding some of the reports is counter-intuitive. Often we really have to search from what we are looking for - and sometime there is no report. Happens for audits when we are asked to provide a few years worth of data.

Hasan E.
  • Setor: Software

Avaliado em 07/07/2020

Sage 100 Contractor is a great business solution

Overall experience using Sage 100 Contractor is great.

Vantagens

What I really like in Sage 100 Contractor is when we start setting up the software it was very quick to go live after short period, The annual revenue for the company I was working for is 35+ million. we shifted from old software to Sage 100 Contractor within two months, I did few demonstrations for my colleague about how to use Sage 100 Contractor and all of them they found Sage 100 Contractor easy to use and very helpful for our business, and reporting in Sage 100 Contractor is great.

Desvantagens

I didn't face any issue or something I didn't like in Sage 100 Contractor. but the developing in Sage 100 Contractor is impossible.

Karen F.

Sage Review

Overall it has been very good.

Vantagens

I like the accountability features first and foremost. The AP, AR and Payroll are simple and easy to use.

Desvantagens

I would like to see a little more ease of use for estimating. For a small remodeling company like ours, we do not need massive amount of data. And a HUGE improvement would be if you could set up a standard "Note" for each cost code. We prepare proposals by Cost Code with descriptions as to what "Tile" entails (our allowance, our standard running board pattern, inclusion of grout, etc.)
I would also like to see a running report that includes budget v. actual for hours, labor dollars, subs and materials. Right now I need more than one report to do that.

Summer P.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 02/04/2021

New User Review

Now that I have learned how to use the software, I am very happy with it. It allows for seamless integration of project management and project accounting. I would recommend this software to others, but with a serious explanation that the learning process is difficult and frustrating for those who don't come from an accounting background.

Vantagens

I love the interconnectivity of this software. It really does a great job of tying everything together and it makes pulling union reports, workers compensation reports, etc easier than the spreadsheets that I was having to keep previously. After the long and difficult process of learning how to use the software, I am now seeing all of its benefits.

Desvantagens

Learning how to use this software was not a good experience. I would love to be able to pull up videos on the internet and have someone walk me through the different screens. We used a company with live help for Sage 100 Contractor and it was expensive and I felt that I was often waiting for our schedules to align to get a simple question answered. It made me hate the software in the beginning and it was very frustrating. I am just happy to be past that!

Chris H.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 27/10/2020

Thoughts in the Second Year

Training wasn't smooth. Our trainer was a good person but we were mislead in regards to the cost of getting started so that was a negative from the beginning.

Vantagens

That it worked well with Procore and gave us a more detailed accounting system.

Desvantagens

The double entry with using Procore and Sage 100. I also don't like that it isn't very user friendly. Lots of clicks to accomplish a simple task. I will use looking at the checkbook register as an example. I should just be able to click and look at at it. It should take 5 or 6 clicks to get there.

Respondido em 06/01/2021
Janice D.

Avaliado em 21/06/2021

Sage

It is a good software

Vantagens

G/l and Costing is very good . the report writer is very easy to use

Desvantagens

Support. the support through on-line is very poor at time.

Jerry A.

Avaliado em 16/03/2021

Good package for the money

Overall it's a decent software package for the money and the size of our business. Other systems can do more, but you'll likely pay much more.

Vantagens

The software provides the needed accounting and payroll modules. The optional Inventory modules offers some basic tools to manage your inventory. Reporting tools are rudimentary, but adequate.

Desvantagens

Receiving inventory items works strangely. A Sage invoice is created when receiving. At the point of vouching the supplier's invoice, the same receiving generated invoice can be updated. However, issues occur if you have used any of that inventory before getting the supplier's invoice entered. There's a work-around which involves copying and pasting, but the vouching process should not care what your current inventory level is.
The weighted average cost is problematic when working with projects. Any given transaction can result in a G/L record that doesn't match the project record, leading to variances. Need the option of last-cost, std cost, etc.

Lex M.
N/D

Sage Helps

We started in 1987 with The Master Builder; which was purchased by Intuit; which was purchased by Sage and became Sage 100 Contractor. So we have grown up with the great grampa of Sage 100. It has run our company for decades and we are very happy with it. As we grow, the program can grow. There is still a lot of the program's capability that we do not use, yet, but hope to.

Vantagens

Integration of job bidding to job costing to accounting to payroll.....all modules talk to each other in real time. We could not have any software that did not do all these things

Desvantagens

The weak point is the estimating module that comes with it. I don't think it has been upgraded for 20 years.....no...really. They want me to buy the upgraded estimator which I think I will do soon.

364 avaliações