Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Wave Accounting

Online accounting software that provides features including invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, finance management, credit card processing, and receipt scanning. Wave Accounting is designed to help businesses...

Saiba mais

Notas do recurso

Veja as avaliações do Wave Accounting

1.155 de 1.101 avaliações
Ordenar por:
Henry C.

Avaliado em 23/09/2021

Excellent for freelancers and small businesses

Extremely positive. In 3+ years I don't think I've had to contact support once, nor have I ever considered switching to other tools. It is one of the few software tools I use regularly where I am happy to open it, and I'm happy to give them their percentage.

As a freelancer, Wave has been indispensable to me. Always simple and smooth, and exceptional bang for the buck. Not only would I recommend Wave to freelancers and small businesses, I have recommended it. Numerous times.

Vantagens

Wave is ideal for freelancers. Set up is really simple and the interface is user-friendly. I have zero background in financial matters, and with Wave that's totally fine.

The price is also right. There's no subscription or hidden fees, they just take a perfectly reasonable percentage from invoice payments. I asked a financial advisor friend of mine before signing up, and she was pleasantly surprised by the low rates, and told me to go for it. I've been using Wave for over 3 years, and I have never once been hit with a fee outside of the basic rates.

Wave also provides a host of reporting and tracking tools in this basic account. They didn't influence my decision to sign up, but they've proven to be very useful.

And finally a small but really helpful feature, especially if you're a freelancer just starting out: immediate money transfers. Once someone pays your invoice, the money is in Wave, and takes 2-3 days to transfer. For 1% more payment, you can transfer money within minutes. For the cash-strapped freelancer, that can be mana from heaven.

Desvantagens

There are no major cons that I can think of. One issue I have is mostly my fault: When I first started using Wave I didn't know what I was doing, and I ended up creating a whole bunch of client and work type records unnecessarily. It would be nice if there were some more in-your-face tutorials, maybe some hover tips for new users. But the messiness is mainly from me leaping in before looking.

Zoho Expense e Quickbooks Online

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

It was the cheapest option, and the most user-friendly looking. I have no background in finance and didn't want complex features built for accountants - Wave has those features, but only if you want them.
Rowan M.
  • Industry: Construção

Avaliado em 23/07/2021

Solid free platform for small business

I am really impressed for a free offering. Everything looks and feels professional and I'm able to focus on running my business and not learning accounting.

Vantagens

Having a system that connects to your bank and imports all the transactions for you is a game changer. This is almost as simple as using something like Mint to manage your personal budget. Once the transactions are imported, they definitely lead you down the path to success even if you know nothing about accounting.

Desvantagens

The lack of accounting/reporting for individual projects is a massive omission. I don't think they need a full blown project system, but just some way to tag transactions so that you know the expenses and income for a given project.

I also found the sales tax feature a little simplistic. Here in Washington state we have really small tax zones (customers less than a mile apart can be in different zones) and I have to track the sales tax collected/paid per zone. I was able to do this, but it feels very clunky as the system seems to be designed for a just a handful of different sales taxes.

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Price. I don't mind paying for things when it makes my life easier. But Wave is a really great product and I don't see any need to pay for something.
Heather H.
  • Industry: Clínica de saúde mental
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 23/12/2021

Terrific and reliable free online accounting system

It has been very easy to deploy and to acclimate my accountant to. I have not needed to reach out to customer service much, but they have responded quickly to questions.

Vantagens

Easy to import from banks and credit cards to have all of your information in one place. Makes quarterly and year-end accounting simple.

Desvantagens

The invoices can be customized more than the online payment option and I would like to see the online payment portal have more options (like the option to add preamble text or Terms & Conditions).

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

The free version of Wave offered everything I needed for my small business.

Melhores alternativas ao Wave Accounting

Simon R.

Avaliado em 02/12/2021

The best accounting software for small business and self emplyoed

Great experience, great customer services, easy to use, decent mobile apps, that exactly what we were looking for in an accounting software, I just sincerely hope that they stop going in the ¨Look like Quickbook¨direction!

Vantagens

Wave accounting has been a great experience right from the start, its easy to use, easy to send and enter bill in fraction of seconds, and the support is great!

Desvantagens

The last update change the format of the expense section and I really dont like it, it make it more complicated, I feel that it try to look more and more like Quickbook but thats exactly why its great ¨ITS NOT LIKE QUICKBOOK¨ and I hope they keep it that way!

Zoho Expense

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

Quickbook is hard and confusing to use, also super expensive for what it is

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Its free, easy to use and has all the features we need
Andrew R.
  • Industry: Materiais de construção
  • Company size: 11-50 funcionários

Avaliado em 05/08/2021

Perfect book keeping and invoicing Software

I have had a wonderful experience using Wave Accounting and have encountered no problems at all.

Vantagens

The fact that this software is 100% free and includes the aspects that are most critical to my business is why I give this such a high rating. The interface is easy to use and getting the system setup and all data input is a breeze. Wave has made my life so much easier and has taken hours of paperwork off of the table. Easy, convenient, reliable, absolutely affordable!

Desvantagens

It does not keep track of inventory or scheduling jobs, but this was not a huge factor for me because I use an old fashioned appointment book and for all of the other free features it’s definitely worth it.

Jeff M.
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 31/03/2021

Great Invoicing and Payment platform, But Not for Full Bookkeeping & Financial Management

I take Wave for its good point and have since 2015, and excellent billing, invoicing and payment processing system. It has added value through its Wave Money expansion as well. I don't fault this system for not being a quality bookkeeping platform, it is what it is and I still recommend it to clients and colleagues all the time.

Vantagens

This system has a really full featured billing and invoicing system that I have used for years and would recommend to any small business.

Desvantagens

This system is not cut out for bookkeeping. Innovation attempts create confusion and many basic reporting features are either excluded or lost value because of the report structure and lack of customization.

FreshBooks, Quickbooks Online e Xero

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

Many of my clients had trouble making payments with Paypal and the invoicing with Paypal and Square were less than ideal.

PayPal, PayPal Zettle e Square Payments

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Waveapps is the best solution, both because it really does offer a great billing and invoicing system, but its payment platform has only gotten better over the years.
Al C.
  • Industry: Serviços de eventos

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

Still The Best Free Accounting Software!

I needed a low-cost or free accounting software to bill my customers and keep track of my expenses. Wave exceeds every other accounting I have tried and is very easy to use.

Vantagens

Wave is amazing! I don't want to say this but they should probably charge for their software. It's fully featured and has all the functions a small business needs to keep track of their day-to-day business needs.

Desvantagens

There's hardly anything to not like with Wave. Some of their reporting could be more detailed but other than that I cannot think of anything else.

Sunil K.
  • Industry: Bens de consumo

Avaliado em 07/12/2021

Free but Powerful Accounting Software for Small Business

Vantagens

The portal is very easy to use. Invoices can be customized in minutes. I highly recommend this application.

Desvantagens

In my previous company, the only lacking feature I found was not being able to seamlessly connect with the inventory.

• Industry: Formação profissional e coaching

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

Easy Accounting System for Small Businesses

I have used and recommended Wave to countless business owners. It is easy to use, their customer service has always been helpful when I have encountered a problem (usually because I put something in the wrong way) and you can quickly generate reports or look up financial info.

Vantagens

It is an easy system to use. I can give access to my accountant and they like it. No cost unless you run payroll through it. Easy to generate needed reports. Great overall system.

Desvantagens

I have used Wave for many years. Recently there was a change to the upload of the receipts. It feels like a 2 step process now vs easy upload and the use of AI that it was before but still good overall.

Marlieke M.

Avaliado em 28/12/2021

Wave keeps my finances organised

Overall I am super happy with Wave. It's easy to send invoices, to keep track of my expenses and to run monthly and annual reports.

Vantagens

I've been using Wave since I started my own business 5 years ago. I am using the free version and it has everything I need. It's very user friendly and helps me keep my finances organised. Especially the option to upload receipts via their app is great.

Desvantagens

I don't like that they've decided to cater to US and Canada markets only as I am not based out of these countries. So far, I've still been able to use the platform, but I might need to switch in the future, which I do not look forward to.

Spencer I.
  • Industry: Fotografia
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 31/08/2021

Very powerful free features with the option to purchase high-quality premium services!

I am very impressed with Wave Accounting. Their free products aren't skimpy or limiting, but are actually very full and would likely not be free from another service provider! Wave's premium offerings are extensive as well. Overall, I've found that Wave Accounting is perfect for a wide target audience including small businesses, sole proprietors, independent contractors and freelancers, or people looking to take their invoicing, accounting, payment collecting, etc. to anything beyond their basic capacity and limitations. Highly recommend to a broad audience needing such services.

Vantagens

Wave Apps software features not only very beautiful interfaces for their products' dashboard, but the platform is at once very feature-heavy and thoughtfully well designed. The aesthetically-pleasing graphics for content such as cash flow, profit and loss, and expense breakdowns on the primary dashboard are sharp and clean in addition to being so helpfully data-driven, and all that is just on the landing page. As you navigate through categories of sales, purchases, accounting, banking, you experience how well-constructions the pages are for options within each section including sales, purchases, accounting, etc. I love just how many of the feature-heavy options are completely *FREE.* Wave Apps offers select premium services, such as Wave Advisors and bookkeeping, even business insurance with "NEXT," while offering things such as accounting, invoicing , etc. free of charge. It's an excellent product for anyone looking for a beautiful interface, but also wanting lots of features without needing to immediately spend money for quality products.

Desvantagens

So many elements within Wave are intuitively navigable and to use with simple data entry. One area that was a little more challenging for me to set up with the chart of accounts section in the accounting area of the interface. It's so nice that it's deeply customizable, but the challenge was that it took me a little extra time to understand and knowledgeably input the data of my assets, liabilities/credits, income, expenses, equity. This is something that would be challenging for anyone not familiar with basic accounting on any software, so I probably would've benefitted from a few "help" pop-ups/set-up assistance here than perhaps some other areas. Where my limitations with setup start is however where Wave's premium products with bookkeeping and accounting are so valuable to the user. There are many great pop-up notices throughout the platform that inform you about new features of ways to most effectively use Wave Apps features, which is great, and of course, they're complete with beautiful graphics.

Josh C.
  • Industry: Design

Avaliado em 05/08/2021

Awesome free accounting online software for your business that is super professional!

There is very little more I can ask for with Wave for my small business. It is free for the features I need and allows me to take only ACH or credit card payments with a reasonable fee and I only pay the fixed percentage when I use those features so I can just turn it off and get a check from a client and not pay anything. Great Flexibility!

Vantagens

Its free for small businesses that just need a good business accounting software! You can take ACH and CC payments if you want and turn them off on invoices you don't want it on. The rates are reasonable enough for using these services. The reports are easy enough for doing taxes. It's awesome and cheap for those that are one man shows or freelancers.

Desvantagens

The thing that is the most annoying is when you want to do a recurring billing. It doesn't use something like Maintenance contract #1 then go to #2 or something like that it makes recurring billing invoice names that were the most recent of any invoices. Maybe I am not using it correctly, but each time I have to go and change invoice names then manually send it to the client.

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

I originally chose Wave as it was free. Now I just love it and it works well for me so no reason to even look somewhere else.
Kari G.
  • Industry: Recursos Humanos

Avaliado em 09/05/2021

I LOVE Wave!

Overall, I highly recommend Wave if you are running a business and want low costs and an easy way to manage your finances. My business is simple and Wave makes it so much easier for me to stay on top of things and know where I need to focus my energy.

Vantagens

I have been using Wave since around 2015 and my books were a mess when I first began because I was doing them (not my strength) and once I heard about Wave's bookkeeping services, I couldn't believe how affordable they were. It's super easy to set up and use, run reports and know about your financials. I tried switching to QB for about 1 month and hated it, so I switched back. Lesson learned and I'm sticking around!

Desvantagens

One thing I had to get used to was because I had my bank account connected and until the month is reconciled, when a invoice is paid I mark it paid and then the 'payment' comes in again from banking. It was easy to catch and now my Wave bookkeeper keeps all that reconciled. Thank you!

FreshBooks e Quickbooks Online

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

I chose Wave because of a family recommendation and how easy it was for me to set up an account and get things moving. The others may have changed, but I still recommend Wave to anyone who is looking for an easy & affordable way to get their business going.
Proinsias M.
  • Industry: Mídia digital

Avaliado em 03/03/2021

Wave Accounting is great for a Startup Business

I was very happy with the invoicing, payments, and the Design and functionality. I was able to search past transactions very easily. I did not pay for premium support, but the support that I recieve is excellent.

Vantagens

It was free to use the accounting services
I was able to invoice customers using Stripe as a Payment Gateway which was great value
The Design and User Interface is very professional compared to others that I have seen
The Payment Gateway was also very professional when sent to customers, it added to the credibility of the business

Desvantagens

My particular Bank would not allow me to sync my account with Wave, but that was a local issue not a general issue.
I was very very happy with the invoicing. but I always felt that the ledger views were not as robust.

Sage 100cloud e Zoho Expense

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

The functionality that I really needed was free and I was very happy with that.

Sage 100cloud e Zoho Expense

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

It was really cost, efficiency, and user interface. It looked good from the customer side and that was important for me.
Cheikh B.
  • Industry: Software

Avaliado em 12/01/2021

Good accounting software

The speed with which the credit cards were processed automatically saved me a lot of time.

Vantagens

This is a very complete software that allows you to build quotes and convert them into invoices in a fraction of a second without much effort.

Wave is excellent especially when it comes to credit card processing which is done automatically with a very low 1% fee.

It is very easy to set up and use and the cost is low or even free. Personally, I recommend buying this package because it comes with support: from setting up your account to the specific categories for your company .

The other advantage of Wave is the presence of a number of applications to send invoices when you are away from your workplace.

So even when you're away from home you can download them. In this case, all you have to do is take the photo on the spot.

Desvantagens

The problem on the Wave software is not so numerous, but we notice that it is impossible to close a period correctly.

All members who are able to make transactions have the possibility to change or add entries from the previous year.

For me an administrator must have the ability to close a period so that no changes are made. User growth is also very limited.

The lack of audit trails for transaction entries is also a case of imperfection at Wave . Admittedly, it is possible to generate transactions, then generate reports, then cancel the transactions, etc.

But there is no proof that these changes are made yes or no, because the software is unable to remember its categorizations.

The keyword search function is absent from Wave in the transactions section and sometimes it makes us lose a lot of time.

Zoho Books

To test another software

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Because Wave is free and easy to use accounting software
Michael M.
  • Industry: Música
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 20/11/2020

Wave Was/Is My Go To From QB Online

My overall experience has been great! I have to do some thinking/remembering at tax time to separate the double entries of income. I show an invoice paid by check WAVE shows that income on my account. I go to the bank and deposit, there is that check again. For the total amount of money saved, around $450-500, I will put up with it.

Vantagens

It is FREE in the cloud, works on ALL platforms Windows 7,10, Android, iphones. Accepts all credit cards including Amex for 2.9% I am saving $420+ yearly by not having QB, I don't have to print invoices. Since WAVE is in the cloud I email my invoices and receipts.

Desvantagens

I wish it had more storage of customer service that has been performed in the past but I suspect that would require some expense. It only had 3 invoice templates and there wasn't much customization on those. You can't compound taxes on your invoices, let me rephrase, you can compound 1 tax but no more. Since my only taxes are State and County I found it best to compound none for fear of forgetting which one I had compounded

NolaPro

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

Quickbooks Online wasn't as good as the desktop version but as long as Windows 10 is still under construction I won't chance having another desktop version made unusable due to another Windows 10 "update". I don't need to be concerned about it anymore now that I have WAVE!

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Wave had a more complete suite of the tools I needed that were familiar to me from my experience with Quickbooks
Brooke B.
  • Industry: Design

Avaliado em 26/08/2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business Checking & Savings. CapitalOne is going through some changes so I don't blame Wave too much but manually uploading bank statements every month is a hassle. Though I love Spark, I'm hopefully that Wave's banking that is coming soon will be a good future solution. I love Wave for everything else. It's the most rounded and affordable solution for my small business finances.

Vantagens

It's everything I need in one place. As a small business, Wave is the best solution for me. I can invoice my clients for free, and easily keep my finances up-to-date making tax season worry free.

Desvantagens

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business accounts, so I have to manually upload two bank statements every month into Wave; One for my checking and one for my savings account, both of which are Spark.

Zoho Expense, PayPal e QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

Quickbooks is too expensive and more difficult to use. Wave is a miracle.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Sutra B.
  • Industry: Ócio, viagens e turismo

Avaliado em 07/05/2020

Excellent for the start-up to small company!

So far it has been a good experience overall. I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t had very much interaction with customer service other than the initial consultation Coach and the vetting process situation.

Vantagens

Love this product because of the cost! Free! So many great tools that it offers to include invoicing. You can create all of your own products and services and include your terms & Conditions. Clients can pay directly from the invoice. You can get paid the same day if you attach your business card to your account. It has a payroll feature as well for an additional charge. I love the fact that the reporting is so simple and easy to read. I would highly recommend purchasing this set up package. It comes with consultations and assistance to work through all the process of setting up your account and different categories specific to your business. It was definitely worth the extra money spent. I also like the fact that there are apps available to send invoices if you are away from the office. Also, you can upload receipts directly from wherever you are by simply taking a picture and categorizing it on the spot. No more having to deal with Receipts in the shoebox LOL.

Desvantagens

On the Invoicing I wish there was an option to add tipping. Our clients like to add a tips for our service and while Square offers this feature, Wave does not. There was a weird vetting process that nobody told me about and at first I thought it was a scam and I didn’t reply. But then I confirmed with the consultant I had been working with and they verified that this was in fact something that I had to go through. It seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it had validity with regards to the financial process.

Suzanne R.
  • Industry: Fotografia

Avaliado em 24/01/2020

Wave error messed up my entire system and they want to charge me $3000 to fix it

It was good while it lasted, before their system made my data unusable. They really tried to be helpful, I chatted with several friendly people online, all of whom were unable to resolve my issues. They were unable to refer me to a WaveApps specialist in my area. Ultimately their solution was to offer me one of their bookkeepers at a cost of $3000 to fix the problem they created. No thanks.

Vantagens

It was wonderfully easy to use, the invoices looked professional and payment processing features were handy.

Desvantagens

TLDR: Major syncing, reconciling and support issues

Two of my accounts synced twice (so I had four accounts in Wave where there should have been two) and they were unable to fix this. Their suggested fixes did not work. They have chat and email support but no phone support and even though they logged in as an admin they were unable to fix this problem.
A recent update to their system caused my entire past four years of records to be unreconciled, and the only fix was to go back to the beginning of time and compare each transaction ever made.
They offered me a bookkeeper to do this for me for $269/month for a minimum of 12 months, despite my being very diligent about keeping my account up to date for the past four years.

I have switched to another system now.

FreshBooks e QuickBooks Payroll

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

I wanted to be able to send invoices and have everything be tracked automatically.

Microsoft Excel

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Essentially an acquaintance was using waveapps and it looked like it would be great.
  • Industry: Consultoria de gestão
  • Company size: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 11/01/2020

Great Free Accounting Tool

We use it for multiple businesses and a non-profit as we are a small cluster of social enterprises that work hand in hand with each other. We are really enjoying working with this software and it has helped us tremedously, all while not costing us a penny!

Vantagens

On the positive side, this software's functionality is almost up to par with other options that cost a lot of money. Wave is free and for that price what they offer is unbeatable. It is a fully featured accouting software, as it is a web app, it means multiple people can use it simultaniously and it also works great for a virtual team. I like that it is made with non-accountants in mind. For example, when entering transactions there are "Accounts" - but these are only Accounts as a nun-accountant will understand: Cash, Bank, Owners Investment etc. - everything else is called "Categories". This makes it easier for someone not too versed in finances to understand - but behind the scenes Categories are Accounts, just like they always were (e.g. Office Supply Expense Account) - small and simple changes like this make it very easy to use even for a financial analphabet. Two mobile apps compliment the accounting software, one for writing invoices on the go, the other for scanning and (auto)recording expense receipts.

Desvantagens

On the downside, and this can be a big one, you are not able to properly close a period. This means anyone with permission to enter transactions can go and change entries from last year, or add some. This can make things really messy and I hope they add a function where an administrator can close a period such as a month, so that no more changes can be made. Further, you can add other users, but the type of users are quite limited. I wish this could be controlled on a more granular level, e.g. there is the option to add a 'viewer' who cannot edit anything. The next level is somoene who can enter all types of transactions (you can turn of access to bank entries and writing invoices) but it would be nice if there was one where I can let someone add receipts with the mobile app but not do anything else.

Corinne P.
  • Industry: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

Avaliado em 07/12/2019

Satisfied daily user since 2015

I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Vantagens

Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly.
Customer service is friendly and responsive.

Desvantagens

My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks.
My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged.
They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.

• Industry: Consultoria de gestão

Avaliado em 03/12/2019

Wonderful accounting software for starting and growing a service business

I haven't gone through a tax season with my business yet, but I have been an independent consultant and I anticipate having everything tracked in Wave is going to help me out a lot come April. It's so easy to use and I can focus on my core business rather than spending a lot of time on admin.

Vantagens

Wave helps me do so much. I can issue invoices, track them (I.e. I can see when a client has viewed it!), and allow clients to make payments directly through the invoice. I can also customize my invoice, which is great. I could do all of this from day 1. I'm a solopreneur and launched my business this summer. I was able to issue professional invoices from day 1 and track my expenses using their receipts app. The other thing I love about Wave is that they are very interested in feedback from their customers. I've had a few interactions with them and it's always been really pleasant. It's also free which helps me out a lot. I do use the credit card payments, which has a fee like any other service would.

Desvantagens

Their mobile app could use some work, and I've given them this feedback. The receipts app is great to take pictures really quickly, but I generally have to use the browser to do anything else.

FreshBooks e Quickbooks Online

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

I needed something professional and long term.

Microsoft Excel

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

The core software was pricey and I could have easily used Word and Excel and if I wanted a 'free' option. I also didn't need all the bells and whistles, so paying so much for this service didn't make sense for me.
Felix J.
  • Industry: Contabilidade
  • Company size: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Avaliado em 02/09/2019

A Solid Free Small Business Accounting Software

It’s been a solid piece of cloud accounting software, albeit limited. It’s hard to beat the price of it, and I have yet to find a similar but more fully featured one at the price of FREE!

Vantagens

I use Wave to keep track of my personal finances, from income to spending. In that lens, Wave performs quite well, allowing you to tag transactions that are automatically imported from your bank. It also lets you generate some simple reports such as your income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. The interface is simple to use and understand, and I was able to pick it up (coming from an accounting background) in under a few minutes, without having gone through a walkthrough. The included ability to reconcile statements is also quite handy and allows me to verify that all transactions are posted appropriately. The inclusion of receipt tracking and tagging is also quite handy!

The best part about Wave is the price! If you don’t need features such as invoicing and payroll (some SMB’s may find these handy. From a personal perspective, I did not), the accounting software is completely free.

Desvantagens

Wave still appears to be in its infancy, although the product has been there for a while. The user interface will frequently be updated (the reconciliation flow changed 3 times since I signed up about 6 months ago), and new features will constantly be added without any notification, often shifting often things around from where you expect them to be.

The reports from Wave are also very limited, so don’t expect any customizable reports as of 08/2019. You get about 12 reports total, some or all of which may not be very relevant to you, depending on your end goal. These reports are completely canned, system generated, and you do not have the ability to create new reports. This may change in the future, but as it stands, this is the current state of affairs.

The receipt tracking feature is definitely handy to have. While Wave will OCR your receipts and tag them to a category, it will actually post an entire transaction to the ledger when you save it down. For those of us with a bank account and credit card linked to auto import transactions, you’ll get a duplicate: one from the CC, and one from the receipt. It would be nice if Wave included some intelligence to automatically match the receipt and transaction together, but for now, you need to manually merge each.

Finally, as a small point, Wave does not obtain any service assurance through SOC1 or SOC2 reports, an issue that most people wouldn’t ever care about.

Xero

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

I mostly chose Wave over Xero for the price. As I’m using this for personal finance tracking, and not a small business, I didn’t want to have to pay Xero’s rather pricy monthly subscription.
Clay A.
  • Industry: Hotelaria

Avaliado em 05/08/2019

Exactly what I want in a small business accounting software

Very stress free. For a free app, you expect the quality to not be as high, but overall Wave has been very reliable. I didn't really want to pay $30+ a mo for Quickbooks when all I need is for my transactions to be categorized. Wave does this well, so glad it is free. I did use the chat once and had very good experience, although I think I saw they were disabling chat except for people that have paid for support or something, so that's a bummer. But I understand, they have to get paid somehow so I'm not complaining.

Vantagens

I love the simplicity. We are just a small business, so the primary purpose of using this app is to categorize all my expenses, so once tax time rolls around, I just have to send the tax lady a breakdown of my income and expenses. Once a week or so, I'll log in to check all the transactions it imported from my bank account. It auto categorizes most of them which is awesome, I just have to click the check mark button to verify it was categorized correctly. Then once tax season rolls around, I just run the income statement report and send it to the tax office. I even have created a review account for the tax lady to be able to log in and see my business finances. We are just a simple business so we probably don't use some of the more advanced features, but it does what I want and best of all, it's F-R-E-E. I do also like the payroll and invoicing options if we need that in the future, although that is unlikely for our business.

Desvantagens

For some reason, they disabled the ability for deposits to be auto categorized. This is my most common type of bank transactions, since all credit card payments are deposited into my account a few days after they process, so I have tons of transactions I have to go manually mark as the 'Sales' category. I did talk to customer support over chat about this though, and the lady agreed this would be extremely useful so they are looking into this.

ZipBooks e QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razões para escolher o Wave Accounting

I just tried out Zipbooks, and although I was impressed, Wave just offered more for the price of free. Zipbooks only offered like 2 reports on the free plan, and I really needed the income statement report to show my categorized expenses.

ZipBooks

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Quickbooks because they are the de-facto standard, and because I would trust their reliablility. However, I just didn't like their price. They have the deal to start off with for the first x months, but it always doubles in price after that period. If Wave didn't exist, i'd probably have gone with quickbooks or paid for Zipbooks.
Andi L.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 15/05/2019

Wave Shows Me the Money!

Before I used Wave, I was behind every month on my invoicing. I hated sending invoices, and I really, REALLY hated being the Collections person, asking my clients to pay their bills. Then I found Wave, and my whole life changed. I was able to get set up super quickly, connect to my bank, add my clients' contact information, and set up the template for my invoices. Now, I have "Monthly Invoicing" on my calendar, and it takes me about 15 minutes to handle the task (instead of 2 hours). My favorite emails are, "Congrats! You Got Paid!" from Wave. I feel fantastic!

Vantagens

Wave has absolutely changed my business for the better. It used to take me about 2 hours a month to do my invoicing, which I hated doing, and so I avoided it. Now, I handle monthly invoicing in about 15 minutes. Plus, as new clients come in or one-off projects are completed, I can send the invoices quickly—like 5 minutes. So ease of use is absolutely the first thing I love about Wave.

Second, as a small business owner, I am in charge of acquiring new clients, executing the work, invoicing for the work, and then acting as collections when clients are late in paying. With Wave, I check a simple box that sends reminders to the client when things are past due. What a relief! It's coming from "my accounting department" rather than me. Hallelujah!

Third, the payment process is so easy for my clients! They can pay any way they want—check, credit card, bank, whatever. It's so easy for them, and I have had zero complaints.

It's also fantastic to know when clients have (or haven't) viewed the invoice. And getting the emails from Wave announcing that I've been paid are the best emails of the day.

The fact that all of this amazingness is free? That's just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Wave!

Desvantagens

My only issue with Wave is probably a rare use-case. I manage invoicing for a client of mine. (Side note: Wave made it SO EASY for me to be an admin of her account but not the manager, and I can log into my account to access hers. It is AWESOME!) She sells programs, and her clients generally pay in one invoice. Occasionally, her clients need to pay in installments. It was not easy to set up a recurring invoice for only three months to send to the client, especially without a credit card on file. I had to create three different invoices, and label them as Installment #1, #2, etc. However, I recognize that this is probably a one-off user scenario that not many people would need. And I can't complain when the tool is free, and I found a workaround.

Invoicely

Razões para mudar para o Wave Accounting

Honestly, it seemed ridiculous to pay a monthly fee and such high service charges with ProCharge. I'm not big enough nor do I send enough invoices to justify the cost. For Invoicely, the free plan accepts PayPal payments only, so this would be difficult for many of my clients that are businesses and don't use a PayPal account. And there's no branding available. Wave just offers a perfect solution for small businesses that's free while still being robust. I love it!
1.155 avaliações