Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Kareo Clinical

Kareo is a Web-based EHR, medical billing, and practice management used by thousands of physicians across the United States. This system suits small practices and billing companies. With Kareo, practices can schedule patients,...

Saiba mais

Cynthia M.
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 20/02/2020

#1 User-Friendly EHR Ever Used!

In my experience of over twenty years using various EHR software platforms, I and can honestly attest that Kareo is by far the most user friendly and comprehensive EHR I have encountered in my professional career. I plan to be a loyal customer for life, thank you, Kareo!

Vantagens

Kareo is; user-friendly for people with little software experience, ready to go with little training, excellent implementation support, good customer service, amazing templates, forms and SALT Feature that cuts time & makes documentation a snap. The formatting/presentation of EHR notes is organized & professional. I love how I can select what information to share and can easily do so through the Care Coordination feature option in each note. I enjoy having all my medical, billing, records, HIPAA approved/secured Telehealth platform, Reputation Watch, client engagment, and much more...all from one vendor! Lastly, Kareo always asks for feedback on how they can improve & additionally demonstrates their value to customer service by providing excellent communication, accountability & follow-through. Kareo offers a superior platform and fair pricing. Highly recommended.

Desvantagens

I would like to be able to attach documents to the internal email system when communicating with patients.

Sloan S.

Avaliado em 05/05/2021

Kareo Clinical

Overall, our practice has had a pleasant experience. Other than some minor things that could use improvements we are satisfied. We can see that Kareo is working on improvements as they update us monthly.

Vantagens

The software is user friendly. It has been easy for new hires to pick up and all staff in our facility including providers feel it is easy to use. They have made many daily features easily accessible such as ordering labs, sending referrals, sending msgs to patients, and scheduling. They give you updates on any new features added including links to videos on how to use new features. Issues have been minimal but when I do have issues customer support is always more than helpful, and the wait time to talk to a human on the phone is never that long. Overall best software I have had the opportunity to use in my career.

Desvantagens

The referral loop system could use some upgrading in my opinion. Erx requests section has become a chore. For example, one patient will have 6 medications, and I have to click on each one and deny/approve each one individually, I would like to have the option to select multiple medications for one patient and select the response and submit. Especially when denying the medications, if I am denying one I am denying all, it is time consuming to go through each one. Also, the denial reason section is limited. I wish I could click "other" and have a section to type my response. It is almost always the scenario where the pharmacy is trying to refill and old Rx and a new escript was sent in that they are over looking. I would like to be able to leave a msg for them with the denial. Another minor issue is that when we are gathering patients history we have the option in the chart sections "social history, & medical history" to add "custom items" this section you can add but not delete items.

Praxis EMR, Practice Fusion e CollaborateMD

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

We had significant issues working with these platforms. The front office program worked as intended but did not have a lot of convenience features such as referrals, msging patients easily, etc. Back office was a mess, the platform was always having technical issues, tech support was like two persons on the east coast who you would have to leave a vmail for every time and wait on them to call you back. The features for the providers to orders labs and most routine clinical tasks were missing from this platform all together.

CollaborateMD

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Mostly because a colleague in similar practice showed us the ease of use. But really the ease of use and how simple it seemed to make things for that persons practice was the main reason.
Julie M.

Avaliado em 14/09/2021

Great for 1st time EMR users

Overall it has worked well for our smaller company. We are still finding beneficial shortcuts in the system making our workload easier.

Vantagens

Kareo makes it easy to navigate through the system from start to finish

Desvantagens

Sending medical records out, I wish there was an option to insert a date range.

AnyDesk

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

Total MD was what our billing company used, they had no knowledge of the EMR side of the product, so we just started researching and decided on Kareo

TotalMD

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

The easy of Kareo and the support
Robin P.

Avaliado em 29/10/2019

long on promise, short on delivery

very frustrating, time consuming, and costly because of glitches causing loss of revenue

Vantagens

e-prescribing, though cumbersome to use
most customer support people nice, though unable to fix most issues

Desvantagens

most everything. countless glitches which they don't seem eager to address, unacceptable by android phones (though accessible by iPhone), e-prescribing is glitch and cumbersome to use, eRx requests are even worse, documentation has almost no word processing features; think of something less than Notepad. Though you can "create templates" they are so unintuitive and cumbersome to make, it's not worth the effort. There is very little flexibility or ability to personalize features for my practice, including billing, scheduling, etc. I can go on with specific issues and complaints, but I think you got the message.

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

Delphi is a very basic billing and scheduling program; though very effective. We wanted something which offered more. Now I regret it.

DELPHI32

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

promised features and flexibility and cost

Resposta de Kareo

Hello Robin, thank you so much for your candid review. This helps improve our product and services to our customers. Thank you as well for being so detailed, we were actually able to share this valuable feedback with a representative from our product team! We do apologize if your experience using Kareo has not met your expectations. We are aware you have a direct case with one of our specialists and we will continue to use this communication route to further discuss what we can do to possibly turn your experience around. We appreciate your time.

Regards,
Kareo

Respondido em 07/11/2019
Sarah J.

Avaliado em 10/06/2021

This is what keeps our practice running

We had some issues in the past but I do like their customer support. I don’t think I’ve had an issue in close to a year

Vantagens

Super easy integration. Super simple UI for our staff who are tech challenged. It’s cloud based and there’s tons of custom reports I can create.

Desvantagens

I do wish we could turn on 2nd factor authentication using Google authenticator or by text message.

athenaOne e EpicCare EMR

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

Needed cloud based system and didn’t want stuck in a contract

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Price and deployment time. We also didn’t need a lot of the extra modules and “frills”
Debbie M.

Avaliado em 04/05/2021

Kareo Review

The support team is usually very helpful. We appreciate the ease of use of the clinical and billing (besides the issues with the medication portal). The only issue we have now Kareo and our other EMR system was having issues working together and getting a issue we were having resolved (its been 2 months). I had to get involved and now it seems as though both parties are working together to resolve our issue we is much appreciated.

Vantagens

Scheduling, Billing and ease of use with the EMR system (except for one issue).

Desvantagens

Med Portal. Kareo uses a 3rd party at that controls how providers are allowed to send medications. We are a Pain Management Practice and at times need to be able to send pain medications outside the parameters that the Kareo 3rd party sets (1 pain med per 24 hours) this caused us set backs during clinic and we had to change to a different EMR system. We did not want to change but were forced to due to the parameters set by this 3rd party controlling the Medication Portal.

Sevocity

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Our billing company uses Kareo Billing and they suggested it. We would have only stayed with Kareo if it didn't have the restrictions with prescribing pain medication as we were impressed with the ease of use and having all in one system (Scheduling, EMR and Billing) was very helpful.
Katherine O.

Avaliado em 09/06/2021

Great for Our Non Profit !

Vantagens

As the biller for our office, I enjoy being able to send claims directly through the software as well as receive ERA's extremely fast. Our office utilizes the messaging feature on a daily basis to forward information between staff. We love being able to text and email clients directly from the software as well.

Desvantagens

Features that could be improved are first and foremost with the patient portal. The portal does not allow scheduling/viewing appointments directly through it. Also it only allows one client to register per email, which causes an inconvenience for our clients who have multiple family members that attend. When integrating our information from the old system to Kareo, alot of the information did not go to the correct areas of the software and we have had to manually fix alot of it.

Harish G.

Avaliado em 09/02/2021

Absolutely unacceptable customer service, crappy E prescribing integration

leaves a lot to be desired.

Vantagens

pretty similar to other EMR's available out there, nothing great.

Desvantagens

Forget about getting anyone in customer service to answer the phone call, long wait times. There is an option to create a case inquiry on their website, Noone looks at that carefully, no proper follow up except an email after few days stating that case will be closed if I do not respond to it. Unbeleivable.

Esprescribing integration is poor, cant prescribe 2 controlled medication at the same visit, system rejects the 2nd medication, have to log out of the system, log back in, go into the chart again and prescribe it agin. Scared to call customer service as they dont have time for these issues.

AdvancedMD Billing Services

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

It was an advise by a practice who was using their billing software.

Resposta de Kareo

Hi Dr. Goyal, Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your experience with Kareo. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and are committed to addressing your concerns about prescribing multiple medications in the same chart on our platform. Your question has been brought to our technical team and one of our escalation specialists will be communicating with you again with the next steps.

Sherwin

Respondido em 25/02/2021
Cheryl L.

Avaliado em 29/12/2020

Clinical EHR

KAREO Clinical effective for clinical charting; offers SALT (same as last time) for charting which is a tremendous time saver. System experiences technical difficulties more often than necessary, which significantly disrupt office flow and add a significant amount of time to charting.
Issues with medication prescribing; an "UNKNOWN" prescriber has been appearing on my patients for refills and have currently been waiting over 1 month for an answer or explanation of this occurrence.

Vantagens

User friendly clinical format with integrated features and templates. Clinical EHR calendar easy to use.

Desvantagens

Customer service severely lacking; non-existent! My personal customer service advocate NEVER returns calls or answers e-mails.

Allscripts Professional EHR

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Assured impeccable customer service and price competitive.
Shelby E.

Avaliado em 08/09/2021

Kareo Review

Great

Vantagens

Very user friendly, can correct mistakes very easily if needed, adjust appointments with ease

Desvantagens

Documentation of last menstrual period. A section to document that appointment date and time and notes of a referral sent. A way for children to have access to the patient portal without having to have their own email address

Melvin W.

Avaliado em 09/03/2020

Things I would like to see

Overall I think this is a very good platform and very easy to understand.

Vantagens

Karen is a very easy platform to maneuver. I like how you can find you client data with one or two clicks.

Desvantagens

I would like to see patients that are made inactive be placed in an archive. By looking at names that are no longer a client make it takes longer for me to maneuver through the platform.

Also the charge for telemedicine sessions is ridiculous. I have to pay $7.00 per session. Telemedicine is about 80% of my business so I never can budget for Karen it is always a surprise at the end of the month.

Also if you put something on a Company Karen account you should have the capability of talking it off. Whenever I log on to my account I have to look at a Doctor who is no longer with my company but for some reason you all cannot take it off.

Your company will lock us out of the system without notification, yet our bill never adjust and we have to stop out business. I cannot perform any telemedicine sessions. If we can get a notice so we can inform our patients that would be great especially when we are talking about mental health patient with anger management and PTSD issues.

When you turn off notification for a client no one should make contact with them. The telemedicine side say they have to send out three notifications however they sometimes goes out in crazy hours. So when a company turns off notification we should know best.

Lee peter B.

Avaliado em 17/04/2014

Ease of use, full features

Vantagens

Having working with various paid and free electronic health record services at various institutions, I came across Kareo while researching for my presentation on mobile technology, cloud computing, and medicine at a national medical conference. The features, intuitive interface, ease of use, and HTML5 programming, which allows cross-platform interface and real-time update speed was remarkable. I've seen institutions spend millions of dollars on electronic health record/ambulatory medical record systems for the physicians' offices. However, the amount of time it takes to get the staff trained, the monthly subscription fees, the lag time for the providers due to complexity of the systems, constant system crashes, and the need to do extensive programming for these paid systems make me wonder why nobody has come up with a free EHR/AMR system that has all the features needed for physicians and mid-level providers without all the hassles. Most EHR/AMR systems are user-friendly for the billers and clerical staff, but not intuitive or user-friendly for the clinic staff and providers.

This is not the case with Kareo. Kareo is extremely easy to navigate for any physicians, midlevel providers, and clinic staff. They can get the system running with little or no training because the interface is extremely intuitive and simple with built-in and customizable templates that allow you and your staff to complete intake, history, physical, and charting in minutes. The system has all the features that meet Stage I and II CMS meaningful use and allow your practice to obtain the EHR bonus with ease. Most of all, it is built for both mobile and desktop platforms. My staff and I can access Kareo EHR system with our mobile phone, PDAs, iPads, and Google-based pads with ease. The integrated billing features and electronic prescription features, along with integration with various laboratory and diagnostic test centers make Kareo a complete EHR solution for small to mid-size practices. It is not easy to impress me, having built the entire IT infrastructure myself for my own practice and for several medical practices around the country. Kareo's cloud-based EHR system makes it easy for migration, conversion, and implementation, without having to upgrade to expensive server systems. Any office with a desktop and mobile device can get the system up and running within hours, not days or weeks or months. I am impressed and amazed with all the features within Kareo. I would recommend any office looking to migrate, to convert their existing costly EHR, or to migrate from paper charts to EHR should consider Kareo.

Desvantagens

It needs a patient health record/portal and automatic appointment reminders to patients via text to mobile phones, e-mails, and letters.

Mary N.
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Avaliado em 01/03/2019

KAREO IS A LIFESAVER

My husband's words will be all I need to express: " OMG! I got my wife back!" Is that enough?

Vantagens

As a billing company, woman and entrepreneur, I found myself fumbling with other software and working myself to death. Ask me about a software and I will tell you about it. With Kareo, I was able to drop all of my clients into one system at once. Set up was easy and painless and I was able to keep my promise that billing never stops and that made my clients happy. With Kareo EMR and PM accessibility, my billing company soon found itself able to add not only consulting, training and virtual front desk/scheduling capabilities, but we are now unveiling our Virtual IT Director department so that we are able to continue growing. All this could never have happened if Kareo was not introduced into my life.

Desvantagens

Listen. There is always something you don't like about a software. There have been some, but they are so insignificant, that I am unable to recall any that have not been enhanced with a request. In fact, if there is a request that will work for the entire Kareo community, you are encouraged to provide that so that they can put it into the software. That is how versatile this company is. For a billing company, they are there to hear you and encourage you and help you grow. You cannot say that from any one else. You really cant. So, yeah, things I don't like, I voice and they fix.

Robert P.

Avaliado em 05/11/2019

Expensive Glorified Text Editor

I used the EHR and billing for a little over 2 years until Kareo decided to start charging an outrageous fee for the EHR part, and then made it nearly impossible for me to get my patient charts out of the software and provided ZERO support for this, and then ultimately deleted several years worth of patient records.

Vantagens

This EHR is essentially a glorified text editor with billing functions. This gave it the ability to adapt through templates and macros to a wide variety of documentation scenarios, not pidgeon-holed into a specific speciality.

Desvantagens

Billing was not fully integrated into the EHR, meaning that the billing needed to be entered separately from the charting in a separate program that didn't carry over more than demographic information from the charting portion.

ChiroTouch e Practice Fusion

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

At the time, I chose this EHR because it had free EHR capability with (partially) integrated billing for a fee.
Bailey K.

Avaliado em 30/09/2020

User friendly

Vantagens

Very easy transition to this software. User friendly.

Desvantagens

Would like to customize super bill more

Need capability to have multiple participants in telemed visits And to resend link as needed.

ChARM EHR

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

When they started charging for PF I wanted to see what else was out there and Kareo was better product.

Liked the interface better
Jeremy V.

Avaliado em 10/03/2020

Kareo EMR

Overall experience is remarkable. I would not go back to others.

Vantagens

Extremely user friendly, customizable, form and function agreeable and relevant to low-mid-or high volume settings. I have used many EMR products and Kareo by far out performs competition.

Desvantagens

Occasionally has slow periods of operation but rare. Not really a big deal.

EHR 24/7 e Practice Fusion

Better overall

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Better performance, customization and reliability
Stephanie B.
  • Usado Outro durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 25/01/2021

Listen carefully!

Didn't get a chance to use Kareo because of the misrepresentation of information upon signing with the company. We thought we got a trial period in the first two months but later found out we got two months free contingent upon a one year contract. We never transferred data because we found out in the first month that to transfer our data would cost us $1200 or we could manually do it ourselves and they figured the first two months set up would give us time to prepare for this undertaking. When we decided that we didn't want to continue due to the ridiculous amount to transfer data they told us that we would have to pay a termination fee for getting out of the contract early. My challenge is this: why didn't your sell rep say this up front? Why didn't you do a recording for us to say we do understand this is a 1 year contract? or Why not give us something in writing to sign saying this is a 1 year contract." We didn't find this out until after we said we didn't want this program. They are sharks and they will come after you if you decide this. So I tell anyone who wants the fancy bells and whistles of Kareo please confirm if it is indeed a one year contract, how much is the migration of data and what is the termination clause? I was very disappointed in their level of professionalism in this case. They are still trying to charge us and get this...we never used their EHR. We never went live and they want us to pay the termination fee.

Vantagens

Interface is amazing! They also had video tutorials to help you learn about the system. You also would be assigned a success coach to assist during this time as well.

Desvantagens

The fees to transfer data was too much. They expected us to pay at least $1200 to transfer the demographics.

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

Because we were told that Kareo had features that CounSol didn't. CounSol is an outstanding model and I wouldn't have considered anything else if they had what we needed.

The demo was amazing!
Mark T.

Avaliado em 20/11/2020

Loving the new Telehealth

Vantagens

I love the simplicity and layout of Kareo, making my day to day tasks much easier and less time consuming.
I’m also loving the new integrated telehealth interface. It’s simple and direct and that’s always a plus in healthcare.

Desvantagens

Kareo can sometime run slow or lag, I’m sure this is due to being inundated with updates and users but it does disrupt flow when Kareo does not work properly.

Lisa H.

Avaliado em 16/08/2019

Kareo EHR

Support has been outstanding. They can be reached within moments. There have not been any systems issues so Support has been used to determine how something functions. Our coach has taught us a lot and continues to reach out to see if we need anything.

Vantagens

The office is using Kareo EHR. The platform is modern and fast. It is available on PC, iPad, and iPhone which allows easy use in and out of the office. Patients like electronic reminders. Since the EMR is working well, my biller will being using Kareo PM shortly.

Desvantagens

The platform doesn’t have a way to order requests that are not labs or imaging studies but we have used a round about to address this. Kareo upgrades system monthly so this may be addressed in the future.

Razões para escolher o Kareo Clinical

The previous EMR system had been used for almost 10 years as a desktop app. Since the office wanted to become cloud based, Kareo EHR provides more benefits compared to the previous company. Also the previous company’s Support has been declining.

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

Kareo pricing is fair and the product is robust. Support with Practice Fusion was poor during the trial period and Aethna pricing is high. I am very happy with my decision to switch to Kareo.
Thelma G.

Avaliado em 10/03/2021

Review of Kareo Clinical EHR

Overall the experience is good and would recommend the product to new and incoming clients.

Vantagens

I have used Kareo EHR for a little over a year now and have found the software to be easily navigated. I like that it is interfaced with the Practice Management program to do the billing, accounting and reports which make the job more organized. It also allows me to be interfaced with the laboratory that I use to have the lab results within the patients chart. The chart format lets me see what part I would like to review such as history, accounting, demographics, etc.
Easy to apply payments. The ERA's are easy to navigate and apply payments.

Desvantagens

The practice software has a few glitches that we have to call for assistance in getting corrected.
Getting set up with new insurance takes some time. There is duplicate billing on occasion.

Patrice C.

Avaliado em 31/10/2019

SENOR BILLER

BY US BEING NEW TO THE SOFTWARE WE NEEDED TO CALL FOR HELP OFTEN. EACH TIME WE CALL THE REPRESENTATIVE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND PATIENT SOLVING OUR ISSUE. WE NEVER WAS DISSATIFIED WITH A CALL FOR HELP. THEY ARE TO BE ADMIRE FOR THIER COURTESY AND PATIENTS.

ITS VERY EASY TO NAGIVATE AND SAVE TIME ON SUBMITTING CLAIMS

Desvantagens

THERE ARE NONE. THIS SOFTWARE HAS PROVEN TO BE GREAT.

EpicCare EMR

Razões para mudar para o Kareo Clinical

SEEING ALL THAT KAREO HAD TO OFFER AND HOW AMAZING THIS SOFTWARE IS IT, WE COULD NOT WAIT TO GET STARTED. WE LOVE THIS SOFTWARE
Jon K.

Avaliado em 14/08/2020

Kareo

Simple to use
Templates are easy to set-up

Vantagens

Robust - perfect for high volume claims
Simple to set-up and use

Desvantagens

Credit card payments get locked and cannot be adjusted

Miulan H.

Avaliado em 05/03/2020

Useful Program

Like I said prior, the program is easy to navigate, input, and search for information. Overall, this is a great program to use I would recommend this program to another facility.

Vantagens

There are many reasons that this program is useful. A few is:
1) The ease of access to information looking for
2) The ease of program navigation
3) Customer Care quality (when and if there's an issue)
4) Fast response and how the issue is handled
5) The ease of inputting of information

Desvantagens

The only thing that I find to be an issue is the "Rejection" responses to the Clearinghouse reports. For example, I have had a few claims that were rejected with "Remaining Patient Liability is required when Line Adjudication Information is not sent." I have gone over the COB from when I posted the payment and all the required information, payments applied, and patient coinsurance is all inputted correctly, but I still got a rejection notice. To me, that is a little confusing.

Roya B.

Avaliado em 01/02/2019

Knowledgable - Affordable - Reliable - Easy to use - On it

We implemented Kareo into 3 of our behavioral health clinics a few years ago to get rid of paper charts and improve our collection processes. Not only were those 2 goals met, we have seen an increase in patient satisfaction, provider compliance with documentation, and our clinical processes have become streamlined. Kareo has benefited not only our business, but our patients which is our top priority.

Vantagens

Kareo has everything any practice and/or speciality would need from an EHR / PM system. Kareo has a user-friendly scheduling platform that allows office staff to efficiently complete their duties. Our providers have had a positive experience with the clinical platform that allows them to e-prescribe, document effectively, as well as ensure compliance with CMS, MACRA, MIPS, etc. The billing platform is also easy to use, but what I like most is the reporting system. You can literally run a report for anything! Kareo rocks!

Desvantagens

What is there not to like? Kareo is the only way to go! #teamkareo

Carrie M.

Avaliado em 22/04/2021

Kareo Clinical is great!

Overall the experience of using Kareo has been wonderful. I have been using this software for a little over 2 years now and I find it very easy to use. Another great aspect of this software is the patient portal. Patients enjoy how easy it is to access their medical information and always compliment it, which in turn makes my overall experience (and Job) easier.

Vantagens

Kareo Clinical is so easy to use. Navigation throughout the system is easy. Patient charting is labeled so well. It only takes a second to find what you are looking for, and in a busy practice that means alot. Customer Service is very kind, friendly and knowledgeable.

Desvantagens

Only con is hold time when you call in to speak to someone. Waiting over 20 minutes to ask a question seems a bit long. I realize that they are busy helping other clients, but it can be very frustrating. Alternatively, you can chat with them online which only takes a few minutes, so I now use that method instead.

341 avaliações