Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o e-MDs

As one of the most mature and reliable EHR and Practice Management solutions on the market today, e-MDs has a successful track record that spans more than 15 years. This physician-founded, physician-run company focuses on...

Saiba mais

Notas do recurso

Suporte ao cliente

Todas as avaliações do e-MDs Aplicar filtros

Filtrar por:
Ordenar por:
38 avaliações

Veja as avaliações do e-MDs

38 de 37 avaliações
Ordenar por:
Avaliador Verificado
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 07/04/2018

Excellent, comfort and speed of technology extends to the doctor's office.

The benefits are multiple, allows to program patients, equipment and personnel which can be a complex task, which makes a big difference in patient satisfaction. Likewise, you can have full control of EHR directly from the office or hosted in the cloud eMDs, the series of solutions works as a doctor thinks, and among other things, the Solution Series section is also known to be the leading system in capturing accurate clinical and billing data that supports the ability to make detailed quality reports and generate accurate claims.

Vantagens

I like the most is that it improves the patients' experience with your practice, gives them the confidence that the practice enabled with technology can provide fast, efficient, accurate and compassionate attention. The management technology of medical practice improves relations with the patient, instead of moving away from them. I also like that Solution Series clinical solutions are designed by practicing physicians who recognize that the software must be fast, customizable and intuitive at the point of care.

Desvantagens

I like the least is that the form of relationship of the doctor with his patient is not predicted by the software and many of them, we must use technology but with caution.

Marc G.

Avaliado em 05/06/2010

Professional complete non boiler plate notes, most in seconds

This is my 2nd EMR/PM. Expect to invest time and $.

The previous reviewers are not wrong about this software, it does require many clicks to do anything, but it will function differently in different hands. I like having the option of modifying every piece of data in my note, through structured drop down menus. Others prefer to push every patient into a 1 click boilerplate MS word style template. Structured data will be required for HITECH. But eMDs does allow you to make 1 click templates with the structured data. Even then you can change any piece by clicking it right in the note.
PM component is very efficient compared to my prior (Acrendo's) software

I don't see how you could have better charting, If you dictated a note in the detail of this EMR note you would spend 2x as much time. But that won't happen out of the box. The first year will require many nights or weekends of template modifications to speed up your workflow.

Vantagens

PM component Cut my billing time down 70% with AR improvement of 50% within a few months(over my prior EMR/PM system)

Very versatile product

Some English Natural language capability.

Fairly smooth click to click. Things might take many clicks but they pop up quickly and smoothly while charting

My notes look professional and thorough and take seconds for 99212 and <5 minutes for a 99203 (un-templated CC/HPI). ~15 seconds for a 99203 templated and uncomplicated condition

Easily enter diagnosis and treatment plan in a few seconds then go back later and add details to note. But diagnosis and charges are captured within 30 seconds easily, despite the multiple clicks needed as mentioned by other reviewers.

Everything is done within the note so as you write an Rx, give written recs and handouts, your note shows you gave it to them. You can even send different documents to different printers if needed, all as you sign your note

Desvantagens

When everything can become structured data, setup can take time--many months, maybe even a year but there is enough premade data to keep the development process minimally painful.

No spell check in drop down menus to prevent foolish errors

Jack of all trades master of none, until you develop your system to your liking.

Crashes (but Minimal if you stop the use of Micorwave in the office while charting wireless-Not kidding)

My implementation went badly, review your insurance and fee structure completely before billing!!!

There is an odd quirk in the system intended to add versatility that can cause problems if you change your CPTs or add modifiers. This sometimes sets the fee to $0 if you click yes on the popup question do want to change the fee? Always say No!!!

It isn't free!!

Heather K.

Avaliado em 10/11/2019

Such a sad fate for Aprima!

Our overall experience with eMDs is HORRIBLE!! We are looking at potentially switching systems but will not make that decision until we see how things on the EHR side of things shake down. The only reason that we have not run away screaming yet is that we have been using the system for more than 5 years and are not up to the task of learning a new system and moving all of the records over. However we may change our tune depending upon how badly eMDs mismanages the system and how badly they decide to screw up what was essentially a fairly decent program as far as EHR's go.

Vantagens

I thought that the EHR was pretty good when Aprima was its own entity. While eMD's has not completely botched it up, it looks like this is coming.
Aprima academy was a great resource but it is being changed to an eMD's product so I doubt it will be of any use any longer.
By the way, it is NOT cloud based! Don't let them tell you it is - that is a lie!
Also, they will nickel and dime you to death! Beware!

Desvantagens

Aprima was a pretty good software when we signed up five years ago. While customer service was never a strong suit (still is not - may be even worse now), it was user-friendly for the most part. (Although when we signed up we were told it was a cloud-based system and it definitely IS NOT!
We were using all functions of the system including the RCM/PM system. Since the eMD's takeover, that part of the system is a complete shit show and I absolutely beg anyone NOT to sign up for this portion of the system! Basically eMDs outsourced this whole portion of the system to India where is it now being managed by 600 people who have NO IDEA about billing and coding. (Even less than Aprima had prior to the move over - which we found out the hard way. We lost A TON of money and now use an independent billing and coding system who is still trying to clean up eMDs mess. ) Please, if you do nothing else, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE RCM/PM PORTION OF THIS SYSTEM unless you want to go bankrupt!
I am concerned that the Aprima Academy is being changed. Thus far it seems that eMDs screws up everything it touches so we will see how badly they mess this one up.

Kari T.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

Avaliado em 06/02/2018

Very good billing software

I've used several Practice Management systems in the last 10 years and E-mds is the one I recommend to inquiring practices because of it's comprehensiveness and ease of use.

Vantagens

E-Mds is the most user friendly Practice Management software I've ever used. On the posting tab, it's so easy to see an overview of the account and each individual invoice without having to navigate to different pages. The reports are pretty good, as well, but the crystal reports can be a little hard to maneuver, especially if you are working in a billing service database.

Desvantagens

The collections module is my least favorite thing about E-mds. It only has the option for invoice based collections and some of our practices are specialists who see patients frequently. The lists can get pretty long.
Customer support is not the best I've ever dealt with either. I think they are getting better at response time, but the answers to my "can we do this" questions are usually "no".

Graf H.

Avaliado em 29/05/2020

eMDs for procedure oriented practice

Functional electronic medical record, able to e-prescribe.

Vantagens

Can be customized and updated with templates for procedures tailored to individual practices

Desvantagens

Poor customer service. Updates are plagued with issues. Issues take forever to get resolved.

Alternativas consideradas

eClinicalWorks

Razões para escolher o e-MDs

Allmeds was clunky and difficult to use, expensive, and difficult to customize.

Razões para mudar para o e-MDs

Seemed to have more functionality. Eclinical works got hit with a big federal judgement, which tipped the scales for us.
Atitaya T.

Avaliado em 14/08/2020

Flawed,buggy, updates made a once great software unusable. Non-existant support made it...

Incredibly sad. What started off as a great product devolved into an unusable one. We were loyal custormers for 8 years and by the end the software for us was completely unusable. Competent tech support may have been able to salvage our situation. We switched to Praxis EMR. It has been amazing and we have not looked back ever since.

Vantagens

In 2011 when we first purchased the software it was an amazing piece of software that fit the needs of our small clinic. The templates were cumbersome to set up but allowed a wide degree of customization which fit our needs as a headache clinic. The charting involved a lot of clicking...but ultimately it produced a very high quality note and performed all of the functions a small clinic would hope for from an emr.

Desvantagens

Every single update over the past nine years chipped away at the happiness we initially felt with Emds. Cpt codes stopped loading...old templates no longer worked and were progressively harder to build. Lag time built up in using the software...logging in issues...stability issues...etc...and then mediciines that were entered into the emr started to disappear. E-prescribing stopped working all together. We found our work arounds looking more and more like paper...as "tickets" would sit for ages in the help cue with utterly unhelpful responses from the tech support team. In particular...when e-prescribing stopped working and I reported the error and situation to the tech team...I was told to update our computers. We ran through 5-7 hours of tech time from our local tech support company chasing down problems that emds sent us looking for. Then...in the subsequent update the exact problem that we had relayed to emds was listed as a "bug" that had been fixed. After all of our chasing and updating of our system...the newest update required a server upgrade in order to be implemented. That was our last straw. The $5000 maitance cost every year for the software is a huge expense. The service that comes with that expense leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. The attitude and tenor of the techsupport was also non-professional and ultimately completely unhelpful.

Mariah K.

Avaliado em 21/01/2015

Please don't choose E-mds as your EHR system!

Their customer service is horrible. E-mds requires customers to put in a "support ticket" and the average turn around time for "support" is weeks or months before you hear back. Example: We put in a ticket for our P.A. to be able to send prescriptions electronically. Our Doctors and management staff had to call weekly to try and get an answer. After the ticket had been "assigned" to a technician the problem remained for another month and a half until a technician FINALLY reached out to our office. This is not the first time we have ran into lengthy waiting periods! We decided at that point the only solution to the problem was to switch EHR systems. We then contacted E-mds on the 'support' line regarding exporting our data and was immediately told that we would need to put a ticket in for our QUESTION per representative Robert. I'm sure he could tell that we were very frustrated and needed a quick answer to a simple question. He said, "Im sorry, let me see if can get an answer to your question." then placed me on hold for 26 minutes. I was told, "Let me get you over to Chris who can assist you with that!". Once Chris answered, after another 30 minute hold, he stated that he wouldn't be the one I would need to speak with. He placed me on a brief hold then stated I would need to speak with someone in IT Support. I was then transferred to Barbara who had no idea why I had been transferred to her and why I was calling. Here we go again! I had to explain why I was calling and what I had just been through in the last 50 minutes. After that was out in the open she told me I would need to put in a ticket. Irate, I hung up the phone and put in a ticket on their support website. I called back to the main line where I was greeted by Robert, again, who told me to send an email to [email protected] with the name of our practice, what software we were currently using, and would receive an answer in the next 24 hours. Did that ever happen? NO! My original ticket was put in on 01/09/15 (which has been assigned to a tech) and another ticket was put in 01/16/15 (which has been assigned to a tech) and have yet to hear anything back. We have been with e-mds the last 4 years and hopefully this is the LAST year!!!! (if we can EVER get an answer how to export our data)

Leslie W.

Avaliado em 04/02/2021

Poor implementation, terrible customer support and even worse are hidden fees

They are not transparent in their overage fees for eligibility and EDI activity and will talk in circles without providing supporting documentation.

Vantagens

I cannot think of anything that stands out.

Desvantagens

Reporting capability is limited in spite of looking like there are lots of available reports. The process of converting the reports to Excel is useless. So many merged cells that it takes hours to reformat for data filter or pivot tables.

David B.

Avaliado em 16/10/2019

Don't Do It!

Overall experience is very poor. STAY AWAY FROM EMDS..

Vantagens

The system is ok when its working correctly

Desvantagens

Very Very POOR customer service. Continuously running slow, freezing and disconnecting. We have been using Emds for 6 years and have regretted the move ever since day 1. They lie to you to get you on board and the hidden costs are ridiculous. We have finally decided to move away from emds. If you sign on with them, you too will regret it. Their customer service has to be one of the worst in the industry. You have to submit a ticket and it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get a reply.

Jarrett L.
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários

Avaliado em 31/07/2017

Bad and getting worse

Don't buy this software. It is nothing but frustration. I'm currently transitioning to another EHR.

Vantagens

I've been using EMD for about 6 yrs. It was not so bad in 2012. The best thing about EMD is that I wont have to use it after I'm done getting set up with another company's EHR.

Desvantagens

They refuse to fix any of the issues. The program randomly removes the medication from the active med. list. Sometimes meds cannot be printed and if controlled can't be sent electronically either. The IT "support" will often lie to you when calling about an issue. Every update causes the program to crash.

George M.

Avaliado em 25/02/2013

I operate a solo practice general surgery office with one surgeon and two employees in a small town in north central Mississippi. I have been using e-MDs Solution Series since 2001 when I completed my active duty service obligation in the US Army. Software has come a long way in that time frame. My server is local in my office, not off-site. I provide my own IT support as there is no reliable support of sufficient calibre in town to do so. I occasionally use outside internet based support when I need OS/Active Directory/DNS/etc... type support.

Upon leaving the US Army, I realized that electronic records were up and coming as the best means for documentation. I had no prior EMR experience, other than the CHCS system that was then in use in the DOD.

I have been diligent in keeping my system up to date with the latest version of e-MDs. I use iPad nMotion application for documentation of notes for patients seen out of office. as well as reviewing records/documents from prior visits. I use iPhone Rounds application to document billable procedures that I perform outside of my office. Both apps can be used to scribe electronically when needed. The iPhone app comes in handy after hours to document phone conversations with patients immediatly after the call has ended. In the office, I use a Windows 7 Pro tablet to document my notes with the main Solution Series applications.

Implementation initially was in 2001. I attended a two day training in Austin, TX where I learned both the charting and billing side of the software (Remember I was just in the US Army and had no billing experience, minimal coding experience). I hired a woman who had some billing experience from prior Family Medicine practice she had worked in. I taught her the Billing software mechanics. She taught me the coding/billing insurance processes. We were up and running in days and never looked back. I closed that initial practice and upon moving to my current location. I was able to set up the computer system, restore the database, and initially train two persons to use the software in the performance of their duties. I have had a few billing clerks over the last 10 years, and I and the outgoing clerk were able to train the incoming individual without difficulty. I actually can perform all the billing functions as needed when my clerk is absent (invoice generation, claim batch submission, posting of payments from insurance and patients, transfer of balances, statement creation, etc...)

The charting software is currently very customizable to anyone's practice. As a general surgeon, my charting needs are somewhat different from a primary care practice needs. The ability to create/edit templates to document the different sections of the note, makes note creation very easy. By having complete templates, I auto-prompt myself or remind myself to ask questions that I might have forgotten to ask otherwise.

Customer support has always been a strongpoint of the e-MDs company. I 'auto-triage' my support. Things that I need an answer to yesterday, are answered yesterday. Things that can wait, are submitted via the support forum and are answered in an appropriate amount of time. I also look for the answers to my questions prior to submitting the question.

Benefits are hard to quantify in terms of dollars and cents. I was able to successfully attest to meaningful use both in 2011 and 2012 by using the system. I don't spend rent money floor space for a chart room. I don't pay my staff to go find and retrieve physical medical records to bring to me for review/comment/entry, and then refile them. Paper work is not lost once entered into the chart.

Jennifer H.

Avaliado em 21/04/2017

Adminstrator for Internal Medicine Who used e-MDs

The system was a mediocre system. It does what's needed; however, administrative reports seem to be the best aspect of the EMR and do supersede other systems I've worked with.

Vantagens

This product has a very robust reporting system. The dates and data are able to be adjusted which makes mining for data so much easier. This system has a really good user conference every year in which I would recommend sending someone from each department to learn. e-MD's stays very up to date on quality metrics and programs.

Desvantagens

The company itself does not provide customer service and are EXTREMELY hard to get in touch with if you have a concern. e-MD's uses a third party for customer support and they typically did a pretty good job with helping us to manage the system. Templates are EXTREMELY advanced and hard to create. The scheduling system seemed antiquated as well. The system is also very expensive.

Albert R.
  • Setor: Seguros

Avaliado em 26/06/2020

User Friendly

My overall experience was great with it. The software was easy to learn and easy to use. It also wasn't hard to teach a knew employee how to use it either.

Vantagens

I used this software at my first job out of college. It was easy to learn and even if you did make an error most of the time it was easy for you to fix the problem yourself. I don't ever remeber having to ever calling tech support because it was so user friendly.

Desvantagens

The main thing that sticks out the most to me is that the billing portion I used was all black and white. I think it could have been more beneficial if you could had color that was added to it. Or even added a post it to the account instead of having to click on the note section.

Michael R.

Avaliado em 20/05/2018

We have a three provider group with over ten years of experience with Emds. They are always...

At one time it was a C+ EMR, however over time it slower transformed into a super D- electronic solution.

Vantagens

The chart has grown on me like a wart on my nose.

Desvantagens

They really don't care about this product. It shows in the patchy software and costumer care. They are like the harvest transplant team taking one organ at a time until they get to they heart. I guess that makes our office brain dead.

Alicia T.
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 23/09/2019

e-MDS chart is awesome!

I am happy that we have access to e-MDs chart

Vantagens

I really like that I can go to e-MDs chart to schedule my doctor appointments. It's quick and easy and I don't have to talk to anyone on the phone. I also really like that I can see my own lab test results and that I have access to all my vaccinations.

Desvantagens

The software does not update easily so most of the time it is not current. Sometimes the vaccinations are not updated like it should. For example if I took a flu shot and not requiring to go to the primary doctor to do so, the e-MDs chart does not update until I see my primary doctor.

Kristy D.
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial

Avaliado em 15/08/2018

EMD's

Vantagens

The patient information was easy to access. It was compatible with Phreesia

Desvantagens

The charting was so many clicks for the doctors

Clarenc B.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 24/11/2016

Cost me over $50,000 in Medicare Penalties

EMD's has not updated their software to make them compliant with PQRS data retrieval required by Medicare. We have had EMD's since 2009. PQRS and Meaningful Use are Medicare requirements. EMD's has not created an update that meets these requirements. Our practice has lost over $50,000 because of this. We were able to salvage an additional $75,000 loss by hand counting and collecting some data required by PQRS. This came at a significant employee cost. Other EMR systems such as Modernizing Medicine are up to date with their ability to gather the data required by PQRS and I strongly recommend that you look at that product or others.

Good accounting module

Desvantagens

No support for upcoming Medicare requirements on data collection --- PQRS and Meaningful Use.

Temeka A.

Avaliado em 22/08/2009

too complicated

Do not purchase this system if you are not in the medical field.

Vantagens

Alot of fancy features and built in wording to make documentation quicker.

Desvantagens

The systemis sold as a "For All-Be All" and its not. The system is great for medical practices. However, being a mental health company the system is very difficult to function by a nonmedical person. Too many clicks to get to where you want to go when it comes to customizing your own data. The representative was thoroughly trained in the system. However, when it came time for us to use it was too much and the company return policy is a trap. The company has a week-long training. We purchased the software but had to wait over a month to get in the training class. While in Austin, we verbally explained that it was not what we thought it was and too difficult for our staff. Then I requested a refund, which was denied because it was past the time frame. Keep in mind we did not even get in a training class til over a month later, which meant that we were out of thousands of dollars by this time.

Noelle D.
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 28/11/2018

My Review!

Overall, I enjoyed using e-MDs in the past.

Vantagens

e-MDs is an awesome software that I used in the medical field. It is pretty self-explanatory and easy to use.

Desvantagens

We often dealt with having to restart the software or shut it down completely. I am not sure why, but it happened way too often and sometimes you would lose your work if it froze on you.

David B.

Avaliado em 04/10/2014

Very poor responses from customer service

On the surface, E-MDs is setup to work great and has a lot of great features. Once you buy in, it's terrible. We have been with them for 7 months and still are not functioning properly. If you need meaningful use, forget E-Mds. When you put a ticket in, well, don't waste your time. We have the cloud based and it has been a nightmare. What was suppose to cost us under $5000 to start up has cost in access of $20,000 and we still have features that are not working. I would suggest another system all together.

Resposta de e-MDs

Thank you for your continued patience as we work with your clinic on the issues and challenges you are experiencing in your first months using Solution Series. Transitioning to a new EHR and a new hosting provider can be a long and sometimes daunting process especially as you are seeing patients. As we work with you through the issues, our hope is that you will begin to reap the benefits of using Solution Series. We will continue to work with you to ensure your success.

Respondido em 10/10/2014
Anita R.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 26/09/2019

Just do not buy

I would never purchase or recommend anyone to purchase this product. Customer service is the pits.

Vantagens

Betsy sales Rep- It's not her fault she has to handle everything

Desvantagens

Administration, building schedules, patient charts, Prescriptions, reporting. We do not use the billing portion thank goodness. Calling service is a joke. I waited over 2 months for them to add a provider to my group and I continually called, sent emails, logged cases. I had to wait almost 4 months for them to install the new patient portal named UPDOX after they upgraded to 9.1 and didn't realize the old patient portal would not work anymore. It is difficult to get them to do anything in a timely manner.

Seungkwon L.

Avaliado em 28/05/2021

Beware of the fine print

Terrible. For those who are users of the old Aprima, please read the fine print of the eMDs Terms of Service. There are things in there that are important to know moving forward, especially about termination/renewal. That is all I can say.

Vantagens

Used to be great product, but focus seems to be different under this company.

Desvantagens

Customer service was far below what I am used with the old company

Shikha M.

Avaliado em 05/12/2017

Medisoft just got bought out by EMD

Avoid like the plague

Vantagens

I have not been able to send secondary claims for over a month... and EMD's are of no help! I will have to print the claims and submit them manually

Avaliador Verificado
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 23/04/2020

Worst EHR system

Vantagens

I can access from my iPad . Not much else positive to say

Desvantagens

This is easily the MOST stressful part of my job. EMDs is chalked full of errors, moves in a cogwheel fashion. I spend a substantial amount of time staring at me screen waiting for system to respond. This system goes down on a regular basis with no solutions in sight! I would never recommend this EHR system to ANY practice. Looking to switch to another system.

Evan D.
  • Setor: Consultoria de gestão
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 26/03/2019

Down at least 50% of the time; asking for fixes--nothing happens

Providing patient data and patient-MD communication

Vantagens

Menu is OK although sometimes buttons don't work

Desvantagens

The messaging functions often simply don't work.
The test results functions rarely work.
You can't get any help.
When you tell the MD's office they have a problem, mostly nothing happens, so they must be having trouble getting a hold of eMDs Solutions.
MD's staff even agrees that their Portal is terrible.
There are many bad portals out there, but this is among the worst I've expereienced--and this has been going on since it was installed!
These guys have a long way to go to re-earn my trust.

38 avaliações