Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o OpenTable

OpenTable is a cloud-based restaurant management solution that enables restaurant managers to accept online reservations and optimize seating arrangements. It is suitable for restaurants of all sizes. OpenTable is available in...

Saiba mais

• Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários
  • Usado Outro durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 22/07/2020

Útil

Gostei bastante da maneira que é apresentado os restaurantes. Anseio poder ter acesso a restaurantes locais no futuro.

Vantagens

O que eu gostei nele é que apresenta os restaurantes com qualidade. As imagens, os detalhes, da vontade de visitar tudo, ir a todos os restaurantes, sem exagero, isso se dá, pela maneira apresentada no programa.

Desvantagens

Ainda não tem restaurantes disponíveis no meu local de residência, o que me força a buscar em outros lugares informações sobre restaurantes.

Paulina S. Paulina S.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 25/05/2020

Quick reservation with no need to call

Easy and convenient. Painless way to make a quick restaurant reservations without being put on hold or talking to a person. Can view manu and everything there is to know about restaurant I'm looking at online.

Vantagens

I have been using open table on both sides. I use it to make my personal restaurant reservations and I use it at the restaurant I work for as a server.
I love that when I view restaurants and want to make a reservation about 70% of total restaurants have open table. Its quick and painless way to make a reservation without being put on hold by a hostess..sometimes for very very long time. It give you chose of time and you can read all about the place you looking at. It shows you :hours, Entertainment, menu, you see photos that costumers posted, you see map of location, even who the chef is. Making reservation takes less then 10 seconds!!!! Fast and confident. As a worker it's very easy to operate system. Brainless I would say. I like that I can make notes for each reservation. Such a sever request or allergy.

Desvantagens

For my personal use I never had an issue. As me working with open table every here and then reservations are not showing on my side as hostess/server. I had few angry guest. Will never know if that was a costumer fult or open table system fult for not processing reservation.

Mark W. Mark W.
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

Avaliado em 31/03/2021

Halfway there, but needs help

Table reservation management is the basic goal, and attracting new patrons is also right up there. On the latter, OT is only fair. They used to be better about bringing in new people, but seem to have changed their algorithm. But it's not as bad as the money grubbers at Yelp who go out of their way to prevent people from seeing your restaurant name unless you pay them absurd amounts.

Vantagens

OT is a reasonably priced reservation system that is reliable and straightforward to use. It offers more extensive services for a large operation, but in its minimal form is easy for a small (35-45 seat) restaurant to use without dedicating a person to managing it.

Desvantagens

The mobile app could be great, but isn't. There are three ways to interact: PC Web, Mobile Web, and Mobile App (Android in my case). They all have slightly different functionality, for no good reason.
- Example 1: The mobile app lets you see previous times a patron came in; mobile Web and PC Web only tell you the number, not the dates. But the mobile app doesn't give you control over scheduling and such. So you find yourself flipping among multiple devices to get your job done.
- Example 2: Mobile Web and mobile app require constant re-login. PC does not.
- Example 3: PC works reliably to see reservations, but after a period of inactivity, stops allowing interaction (such as setting a guest to "Seated"). A browser refresh is required.
Exasperating!

Melhores alternativas ao OpenTable

Adam A. Adam A.

Avaliado em 22/11/2021

Reservations Done Right

Overall I love OpenTable, even though I know a lot of people are switching to Resy.

Vantagens

The thing I like most about OpenTable is the automatic input that reservations placed online have. Once I get a reservation I accept and that is it! It also allows for other options like the occasion or allergies. It is also a multi-platform software so I can use it on a desktop or a mobile device.

Desvantagens

The thing I like least is I wish it suggested alternative restaurants in the area that are similar in case I cannot book a certain place. That would allow me to still use the app but have a better choice for the occasion.

Grayson T. Grayson T.

Avaliado em 25/07/2018

Not worth it unless you are a major chain with 300 seats

Not enough to list. Exposure, but it's limited for smaller companies.

Vantagens

It allows you to assign tables in the restaurant as they come in and shoes a fairly good job of tracking several metrics like turn time, server cover counts, etc. It also has ways to advertise and draw in customers who may not know about you.

Desvantagens

It's impossible to compete. With the difficulty in finding a restaurant as a customer it translates to moe exposure for larger chain restaurants with budgets to throw at open table. Also, it's pricey. The cost per guest that books is unreasonable and you still have to pay more to advertise. It's just not worth it in my opinion. That are cheaper methods available that focus on phone number advertising as opposed to email (because who opens email nowadays). There are text message options with open table but they are buried and not effective.

Daniel R. Daniel R.
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 19/08/2021

The must use app for making restaurant reservations

I love using this app! Booking a reservations takes about 30 seconds total. They follow-up with a confirmation email, as well as emails after your dine, offering the ability to rate the experience for the benefit of the restaurant and other users, and they promptly credit you the points you've earned. The app also lets you input any special occasions you'd like to notate, which is really handy for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Vantagens

The OpenTable app rewards you for making reservations - something you would likely do anyway! Not only that, but it makes the reservation process that much easier. You simply look up the restaurant, instantly see what days/times are available, and in a few clicks, you have your reservation. As soon as your reservation is completed, you earn points for dining. Once your point balance gets high enough (which doesn't take that long if you dine often), you can exchange those points for dining credits, or use them for discounts on hotels, or on flights booked through Kayak! You can supercharge your point earnings by selecting restaurants that have need dates/times that they would like to fill, often earning you 10x the points you would normally earn on a regular reservation.

Desvantagens

The only negative is that not every restaurant is on it. It does have a dominant presence in the industry, so while you may not always find a cafe or coffee shop, a reputable restaurant is usually on the platform.

Kathryn B. Kathryn B.

Avaliado em 05/08/2019

Love Open Table!

OpenTable is wonderful, not only do they have fast and professional customer service, they're also improving the software everyday. I love that we can train our hosts quickly and use the software to make it an enjoyable dining experience for our guests.

Vantagens

From a sales perspective, Open Table is fantastic at making sure we have plotted the proper rooms for private events. It is constantly making suggestions and making sure we're in the right time slots for turning tables. For our FOH manangers, it is very easy to train on which makes it less time consuming in the host training process. Guest center is also a great hub to check reviews, see your seating from an app on your phone and make any changes on the go. Love the pop up function and notes section to make sure our hosts have all the information they need. OTrestaurant.com is also wonderful to make sure we have all the right marketing tools turned on and become available to our guests. It is important that our guests have an ease of use to make a reservation and with the bonus points they receive from booking on open table it is just a plus for us to use the software.

Desvantagens

Not a con, but we would love to see Open Table integrate with private dining software to make plotting private events faster.

Resposta de OpenTable

Hi Kathryn, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Respondido em 06/08/2019
Charles G. Charles G.
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Avaliado em 02/08/2020

OpenTable Remains Industry Leader for Many Reasons

If used as intended, OpenTable can be an unbelievable asset for any restaurant. It makes gathering and communicating guest information so easy and is compatible with the majority of point of sale systems

Vantagens

OpenTable has been the industry's leading platform for managing guests and an active shift. OpenTable is compatible with the majority of restaurant point of sale systems which really enhance the amount/ variety of guest information. It makes tracking new and regular guests extremely simple. OpenTable is always improving and expanding its capabilities.

Desvantagens

The countless features of OpenTable don't come cheap. It is definitely an investment and often underutilized.

SeatMe e Resy OS

Razões para mudar para o OpenTable

OpenTable has an unmatched platform. Syncing it with your point of sale system and other hospitality programs can give you all of the ammunition you need to create a memorable guest experience for all of your guests.
Sarah P. Sarah P.

Avaliado em 16/02/2021

Longtime user

So far our experience has been very good. We are even giving their online ordering a try through our 2nd location.

Vantagens

User friendly and easy to navigate. Also a very established business for online reservations, which mean that most of our staff has worked with it in the past and is familiar with the layout and set-up of it. Very good customer support and is very knowledgeable about the software and can easily talk you through whatever process you are looking at completing.

Desvantagens

Little clunky and cluttered to navigate around it via the app. Also a lot of steps to add guest into the system for simple just seating a walk-in.

Resy OS

Razões para mudar para o OpenTable

Customer service and the fact that they have been at this game longer than most
Megan L. Megan L.

Avaliado em 04/10/2019

Opentable and Venga

I’ve been using it in every restaurant I have worked in for 13+ years. The continued evolution of the product is much appreciated.

Vantagens

There is so many benifits- ease of use, platform for managing reservations prior to and in the moment, it aids in generating reservations, retaining guests and collecting data. Now that there is a venga connection I’m over the moon!

Desvantagens

Honestly the cost per reservation is a little high for small owner operated restaurants but the added benefits are unmatched.

SevenRooms e SeatMe

Razões para escolher o OpenTable

Now that venga has been added we will be moving away from another product.

Razões para mudar para o OpenTable

Main stream product used by 90% of market. Allows for better advertising and venga is amazing!
Dave S. Dave S.

Avaliado em 23/07/2020

OpenTable Lover

OpenTable has been a pleasure to use since it's new facelift, I would recommend any and all restaurants to get on board.

Vantagens

Finally upgraded a lot of options for the software. It's been years and years making suggestions with this company, glad they started to finally implement what industry people needed.

Desvantagens

The cost associated with some of the repeat business seems like it's unnecessary, but as long as it's driving business towards me I'm OK with it.

Kelly M. Kelly M.

Avaliado em 10/06/2020

A great reservations software for restaurants

Everything about OpenTable for Restaurants was an experience worth remembering. I never found myself getting lost or hung up on a problem with the software and creating reservations for the guests frequenting the restaurant. It did such a fantastic job with estimating the time that a table will be sitting to eat, depending on their party size, and adjust the schedule based on this. There would be reminders and notes when this would be approaching so I could let the customers know in advance so they didn’t have to come in and get upset. It allowed us to be able to go above and beyond to ensure our guests had the four star experience they were paying for.

Vantagens

Where to start when it comes to the best features of the OpenTable software. First and foremost, it is incredibly simple to pick up how to use it after only a few reservations have been made, it’s that great of a system. As a front of the house team member, it allowed me to view the entire floor plan of the restaurant on screen in a visual way that made the most sense to me, which made making reservations that much easier. When it came time to create the reservation, it was a matter of clicking on the proper icon from either a view of the floor plan or a view of the timeline. You are shown an overall view of the guests names and their party size as well as given an estimated time their party will likely be sat given their past visits to the restaurant and based of the average time of a party that size.

Desvantagens

The software version I used has since been updated several times and I’m sure anything that was missing then has been added by now. As a user for multiple years, I strongly believe that there was hardly anything I can think of that was wrong with OpenTable. It helped me complete my job efficiently and all the guests seemed to enjoy their process of using it as well.

Aron V. Aron V.

Avaliado em 22/08/2019

A great tool for restaurant

We have used them for years and would highly recommend them to small, non-corporate restaurants trying to be seen amongst so many local restaurants.

Vantagens

Easy for our guests to make reservations, tracks guests visits, you can enter guest notes and historical data to make their next visit more meaningful. They often have "Top Ten" lists for the categories that guests vote you in that you can use for marketing purposes. Reviews on Open Table are considered 'legit' as only real diners can write reviews.

Desvantagens

If you have more money to spend, a program like SevenRooms has more guest tracking data capabilities for tagging and targeted emails/marketing. Can get expensive if your guests often use Open Table to make reservations.

SevenRooms

Razões para mudar para o OpenTable

If we had more money to spend, we would move to SevenRooms, but it is vastly more expensive so we won't be making the switch anytime soon.

Resposta de OpenTable

Hi Aron, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate your recommendation. We are now able to offer very sophisticated CRM capabilities through Venga. You can learn more here: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/venga

Respondido em 05/09/2019
Paul P. Paul P.
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários

Avaliado em 20/05/2021

Not only great for reservations......

OpenTable has been great for running the dining room more efficiently, and allows us to maximize our reservations and table turns like never before. Our hosts can confidently run the dining room from the tablet at the host stand and deal with all the reservations, walk ins, call aheads, using a waiting list. Everything is very easy to manage. With the ability to enter such succinct information about each table sat as to where they are in their meal, whether it is appetizer, meal, dessert, is the check on the table....it makes it much easier to estimate when a table will be done, so we can quote guests the proper wait time. I have been thoroughly impressed with OpenTable since we started using it a few years ago.

Vantagens

Most everything you can do with this software is very intuitive. Very easy to learn how to do multiple things very quickly and very easy to teach my other employees to do the same. I love how I can run my dining room on a busy weekend night from my tablet and be in complete control of all reservations, walk ins, and call aheads.

Desvantagens

Very few issues with this software. If i had to come up with one for the review, i would say that it can be slightly buggy every once in awhile. What i mean is, some settings that i have changed to block tables for reservations or reconfigure the dining room setup can revert to previous settings without my doing. Once in a blue moon, but it is very frustrating when it happens.

Joshua S. Joshua S.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 05/07/2018

Very easy and great tool for booking ahead and making reservations.

Vantagens

What I like most about this software is its usefulness, coupled with its simplistic yet easy layout. The options for available times and selections are very easy to read, making it very user-friendly. I also liked the way the layout also seemed to cater to touchscreen devices with larger than average digital buttons for selections. This definitely contributes to use on the go when a reservation may be needed to be made last minute. The available time suggestions closest to my desired time and date option also save me time from having to search around and find an available date and time.

Desvantagens

There is not much I dislike about this software, but one thing that I would appreciate is in regards to desired date storage. What I mean by this is, let us say I have a date and time in mind for a reservation, and that time slot is not available, I am unable to book that timeslot. However, I am never made aware if that time slot becomes available unless I keep checking on that timeslot. It would be ideal if this software could incorporate an email alert or equivalent if a previously unavailable timeslot becomes available (due to the party originally occupying the reservation say cancels their existing reservation or if more seating becomes available) such that I can book my desired timeslot. While I realize this is more a feature I would like to see in a future update as opposed to an issue with the present software, I feel that this is something that is lacking that could be easily incorporated as a very useful user option.

Jenny M. Jenny M.
  • Setor: Internet
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 26/04/2018

I predominantly use OpenTable for all my meal reservation-making.

Easy planning, less anxiety in wondering if a restaurant will have a wait, easy searching and filtering.

Vantagens

What I like the most about OpenTable is its ease of use. If I know what restaurant I want to book a reservation for and they have availability, I can basically get in and get out in less than 2 minutes. THAT'S efficiency.

I also like that you can customize searches by specific neighborhoods, specific occasions or ambiances (romantic vs. casual, etc.) and obviously prices.

Yelp isn't a main competitor but I hate that when you search for a bar or restaurant in a certain neighborhood on Yelp the results populate many, many bars or restaurants beyond that neighborhood to satisfy the search generation. I like that OpenTable functions more explicitly and narrowly than Yelp but it MAY include some very close neighborhoods in a search query.

OpenTable's trend forecasting and "places we think you'd like" are on point, too. They do a good job of assimilating restaurants into categories not just by food type but ambiance type and cost. On OpenTable, very often I'll book a reservation and then come back to check something and see that there are recommended restaurants for me that I actually already have on my personal list. It's not just like, "You picked an Italian restaurant, so we're going to recommend another Italian restaurant!". It feels more personalized and catered to me because many other factors are seemingly taken into account besides just food type.

Desvantagens

This isn't a dig at the software specifically but I feel like some high end or modern / niche restaurants decide to host reservations on Resy instead and that tends to deter me from using OpenTable from time to time. I haven't had any issue with the OpenTable software specifically.

Nichole S. Nichole S.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 10/12/2017

Open Table/ Dirty Table

Vantagens

The ease of access of this app is too good for words. If everyone is sufficiently trained, and staff members are on their A game, this is app is quite helpful and useful. It allows all members of staff to update the POS system in order to communicate quickly what status a table is at. It is also helpful with assigning tables to certain parties and deciding upon wait times. For the Hostess, this system is great all all hosts should learn this program at some point in their career. I would only say that it is harder to expect a server to stay on top of updating the system for the hosts throughout their steps of service.

Desvantagens

While the overall application is easy to use and very informative, it does tend to send some mixed signals between servers and hosts if not used properly. The app shows table layout on the screen that allows the user to see which tables have guests, which tables are empty but need to be bussed, and which tables are ready for new guests to be seated. The problem here is that unless a server has time between taking care of her other guests to run to a POS station to inform a hostess that a table is dirty and then find time 5-10 minutes later to see if her buster has cleaned the table and then update the table through the system, clean tables are forgotten and wait times are lengthened due to miscommunications. The structure itself is easy to use, however it seems to add

Sarah J. Sarah J.
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Avaliado em 06/02/2020

Great Reservation and Seating System

OpenTable provides a lot of functions that benefit us. From a seating system to online reservation system, it supports the flow of the restaurant. It provides features that allows us to keep up with guests requests, VIPs, referrals and even integrates with our email provider for marketing. It is a great overall tool.

Vantagens

It is very user friendly for guests and admins. It is easy to navigate and flows very well. Makes the experience better for everyone.

Desvantagens

It works very well and there are not any current functions that we are looking for that is not provided.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

Avaliado em 13/02/2019

Great to make online reservations

Overall OpenTable is a great tool to make online reservations; however, I do feel that they need to make some improvements especially regarding the reward program to make it more appealing.

Vantagens

I use OpenTable almost on a daily basis to make reservations for both business and personal lunches or dinners. It is very easy to use and you can book a table at a restaurant within minutes. I like that you can search restaurants by neighborhood but also by cuisine and price range. It is also very easy to cancel or modify a reservation. The app is also very convenient for any on the go need.

Desvantagens

Their reward program is not appealing. The VIP status doesn't grant you anything. I wish they would design a program where VIP members get preferred seating, timing etc. Moreover, after you collect a certain amount of points, you get a voucher towards a future reservation; however I noticed that the selection of restaurants that accept the voucher is extremely limited. Additionally, not all restaurants are listed on OpenTable, which sometimes is not ideal

Ashley M. Ashley M.

Avaliado em 19/10/2018

OpenTable is a great resource for keeping managing restaurant reservations

Vantagens

My in-laws own a restaurant and I often help them from a technology and operations perspective. They had trouble managing their reservations. They only open for dinner, and they would spend a lot of time every day listening to Voicemail reservations, trying to get parties back on the phone to confirm, and trying to manage cancellations vs. openings with an antiquated system. When I suggested OpenTable I did not realize all of the problems I would be solving for them. OpenTable brings reservation systems into the 21st century, and allows patrons an easy way to make, change, and cancel restaurant reservations with the click of a button. For the restaurant owner or manager, it saves all of the time you use to need for follow-up, and all of the administrative management needed to handle cancellations and book optimal service volume.

Desvantagens

There is nothing that I do not like about OpenTable for business. It has brought a lot of value to our team, and has become a major asset that we rely on to book reservations. Patrons are as happy with OpenTable as we have been in the decision to start taking reservations through them.

Angela C. Angela C.
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Avaliado em 02/07/2018

Are use it all the time

Very convenient and a great timesaver

Vantagens

This is an unbelievably convenient and functional product. I use it to find restaurants easily and reliably when I travel. It's much more convenient than having to call the restaurant. I can make reservations any time of the day and go back-and-forth between restaurants to compare available times. Then, after I finish making my reservation, I could send the information to the other people in my party with just one click. Because of this product, I have tried many new restaurants and in many different areas that I wouldn't have otherwise tried. And, of course, the point system gets me a coupon every so often.

Desvantagens

My biggest complaint is with the interface. I use it as an app on my phone mostly and sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. It works much better on the desktop.

Ilysse R. Ilysse R.
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

Avaliado em 10/11/2020

Great for Reservations Online

OpenTable allows our clients to manage their own reservation systems.

Vantagens

As a website agency, OpenTable has been great to embed on our clients' websites to allow customers to make online reservations.

Desvantagens

There aren't a ton of options in terms of styling the different widgets and browser testing for online reservations.

SeatMe

The reviews were better
Thomas B. Thomas B.

Avaliado em 05/03/2020

Perfect for small independents

It easily allows myself as a manager and my staff to manage bookings, helps identify where tables are at, what time they need to be turned. Much better than a paper system.

Clear indication of bookings
Easy to make notes for specific bookings
Excellent in time management

Desvantagens

Reduced cost from online bookings
More options to indicate where tables are at
Better automatic table allocation

(struggled to find many cons to be honest)

Daniel C. Daniel C.

Avaliado em 07/06/2019

Easy Way to Get More Reservations

Overall its been positive and I would recommend the product. Its pretty painless and basically runs in the background for us. I wish it would do more, and address some of my cons - confirmation for customers, give a reason for cancellations, and have a better way of notifying us of reservations, emails get missed. But I cant really complain too much about a service that is this inexpensive and puts guests in seats

Easy to Use
Painless Monthly Billing
Inexpensive, Low Cost
Helpful Dashboard

Desvantagens

Easy to miss notifications, tends to get lost in my emails etc.
Not sure how charges work for cancelled reservations, but I regularly have out of area numbers make reservations then cancel within minutes. Hopefully not padding their numbers.
Guests have complained about not receiving confirmation of their reservations from OpenTable
I wish there was some sort of reason response with the cancellations - even if its pre-formed answers selected from a box, something that doenst require a lot of effort on customers ends

Avaliador Verificado

Avaliado em 27/12/2017

Excellent program

Vantagens

Exposure. But also many features to keep track of your bookings, who changed the bookings when, and history of return guests. Great customer service- you get right thru every time. Highly recommend.

Desvantagens

I wish it would have the ability to get it on more computers without the extra cost. As a sales manager, if I could get it at home, I could work from home.

Resposta de OpenTable

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful feedback! Per your comments about not being able to use your software across multiple devices or on-the-go, our latest solution GuestCenter does offer these features! If you call 1-800-OPENTABLE you can get more information about upgrading to GuestCenter and accessing those capabilities. You can also learn more on our website here: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/guestcenter
All the best!