Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Samsara

Samsara is a cloud-based fleet management solution that offers features such as GPS tracking, trailer tracking, dashboard camera, routing and dispatch, reefer monitoring and more. It is designed to help small and midsize fleet...

Saiba mais

L. houston S.
  • Industry: Logística e cadeia de fornecimento

Avaliado em 10/09/2019

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Vantagens

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Desvantagens

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Fleetio e Verizon Connect

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Samsara is robust, very user-friendly, and is scalable.

Capterra reviews!
Bruce V.

Avaliado em 03/05/2021

Great Asset

Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

Vantagens

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

Desvantagens

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app.
Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

Harry M.

Avaliado em 16/12/2021

Valuable Electronic Logbook with tons of Features

Vantagens

Electonic log book with lot of features as followings,
- Real time tracking available
- Android and IOS app available
- You can track the fuel and DEF level of the vehicle
- You can check the vehicle maintenance on the app, like any engine or other fault
- IFTA reports are available
- You will receive any harsh event notification on the email
- Trailer tracking also available
- Dash Cam feature available

Desvantagens

It's pricing is high as compared to others, but it have lot of features.

Melhores alternativas ao Samsara

Vincent P.

Avaliado em 27/12/2021

Stay Away Horrible Unethical Company that Just wants your Money

HORRIBLE, we left our previous ELD company due to awful service and unethical treatment as a customer. Samsara promised to be a good business partner and has done nothing but fall short. Do your self a favor look else where for companies that Value your business and WANT to work with you. Keep in mind this company like many others will lock you into an additional contract period (3 more years) at the end of your first one if you do not provide notice.

Vantagens

The Product is somewhat simple and not to hard to use however the app will put drivers on duty when they take them off duty. Making edits in the driver reports is annoying and more time consuming than necessary due to needing to leave a remark for every edit.

Desvantagens

The most disgusting part about this software is the team behind it. DO NOT purchase this software. This is a money grabbing company that will use contracts and unethical tactics to take your money. This company will NOT work with you or be a good business partner. I have a Fleet that I currently am building up. Initially we signed a contract for the starting 8 devices we needed. I purchased another truck recently. I contacted Samsara for another device. In response to this they sent me a contract for an additional device. Which would have been fine however this contract had different timeline terms. Meaning at the end of my contract period we would still be liable for that other device for an additional however many months. I called my account manager to explain that I am building my fleet and planning on almost doubling my trucks. I explained I wont be purchasing these trucks at the same time, I would gradually be acquiring them and would not like to have individual contracts on every truck at different periods throughout the year. Signing the contract would have been fine if the trucks I purchased fell into the same specifications as the original contract. There was no budging or help on their end. This means I would have 6 to 8 additional trucks all with different contractual obligations. [Sensitive Content ] is who I was talking to. There was no help no budging just no. A company like this should be your business partners but Samsara just wants to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.

Amy A.

Avaliado em 14/10/2021

Samsara Makes Elogs Simple

Have now used it for our fleet for over 3 yrs, still would not pick a different system for our elog needs!

Vantagens

How easy it is to use for a driver and office staff

Desvantagens

Nothing negative I can say about Samsara! Great System!

Patrick E.

Avaliado em 30/04/2021

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Vantagens

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

Desvantagens

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

The camera system and ease of use is what really drove us towards samsara. It had the most features and a roadmap of new features that impressed our team.
Mihail S.
  • Company size: 2-10 funcionários

Avaliado em 09/12/2021

Samsara User

Customer service it's very poor. I takes forever to fix simple problem. In case if app quit working or something went wrong and driver gets an violation because of the app customer service refuse to fix or remove that violation. Be careful with contract. They hook customers on service agreement ,in case if you cancel before term they will ask for return the device back plus pay the rest of the term left.

Vantagens

Manager dashboard it's really good developed, and easy to use. GPS its accurate and camera works great and fast.

Desvantagens

Driver app its hard to use and it's slow. Hard time to edit logs. Crossing border glitches. Doesn't give warning to driver in case if driver forget to do DVIR.

KeepTruckin

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Because they don't have camera option and it's expensive.

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

I thought it's great customer service and great app for drivers but I was wrong. After so many cases open with technical department I decided to move.
Ricky O.

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

Disappointed and Unsupported

Crap

Vantagens

The control and data entry portion of the daily log is good and easy enough to understand.

Desvantagens

This list will be lengthy....

1. Random duty status changes for no apparent reason and into statuses that shouldn't be possible. For example while driving it puts you into ON DUTY NOT DRIVING or just the opposite.

2. While driving it will switch to you co-driver and start logging on their log.

3. Won't track and will enter wrong locations in completely other states.

4. Will lock you out and not allow entries... their answer... uninstall and reinstall. Like I have tome for this especially in low data signal areas.

5. Day / Night mode is at set times which don't cha need bases on time of year so you have this huge bright white screen staring at you while driving at night in rain and snow. Not a problem if you aren't close on time monitoring it.

6. Message system is pure crap... no DELETE an no MARK AS READ options.

7. Often will not detect driving or motion of the vehicle and must be entered manually which means I have to pull over and stop on busy highways to do this... that's safety.

Jagjit J.

Avaliado em 09/12/2021

Best E-Log service

99/100

Vantagens

Samsara provides the electronic log book service with additional features like GPS tracking, dash camera. It also helps in creating IFTA reports. You can also create the safety alerts for the vehicles.

Desvantagens

It charges you little more, for extra features.

Kelly K.
  • Industry: Serviços ao consumidor
  • Company size: 201-500 funcionários

Avaliado em 01/01/2022

Consession for Human Errors

Vantagens

It's in an app. Nothing nothing nothing nothing

Desvantagens

Ok. The problem I have with this software is it doesn't verify what action you are performing. I think alot of error would be avoided if it asked you even after you started driving, etc if that's what you're actually doing and give you the option to change what you're doing if not. I went on PC and made a stop for food and forgot to put it on PC again to get to the truck stop. It messed my 34 up and now I have to do another 34 in order to get my hours back. One adjustment and I would have been ok. You should do better Samsara. Driver's can't make money because you failed to make a consession for human mistakes. Disappointed and fuming mad.

Nicholas S.

Avaliado em 22/09/2020

Samsara Review

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Vantagens

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Desvantagens

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Fees for equipment AND installation. Installs needed the trucks blocked for days costing $. Software was nothing special and customer service was a nightmare.

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

Combination of Corporate options/pricing and ease of use
Tate F.

Avaliado em 28/12/2019

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Vantagens

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Desvantagens

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Erika S.

Avaliado em 10/09/2019

Easy ELD program

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Vantagens

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Desvantagens

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

IntelliRoute, Fleet Mobility, Omnitracs e KeepTruckin

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

Samsara seemed to be the most cost effective and user friendly product overall. We like that it also includes temp probes for our reefer trailers and we were able to purchase tablet interfaces instead of needing a specific device. The drivers can have the app backed up on their phone in case of incident and the tablet can double for them to watch training videos, access emails and messages and more.
Andres L.

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

*Easy to use
*Can be used on different platforms
*Looks very high tech

Desvantagens

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Brandon J.
  • Company size: 2-10 funcionários

Avaliado em 26/10/2020

Has Potential

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Vantagens

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Desvantagens

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Resposta de Samsara

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

Respondido em 29/10/2020
Jason D.

Avaliado em 05/09/2019

Best option that continues to improve

The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Vantagens

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Desvantagens

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

KeepTruckin e Verizon Connect

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Omnitracs unwillingness to allow for integration and their very poor customer service.

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

It was clear early on that the Samsara team was more responsive to questions and willing to discuss flexibility of their system.
Christopher K.
  • Industry: Serviços meio ambientais

Avaliado em 19/07/2019

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Vantagens

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Desvantagens

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Our previous provider didn't offer real-time vehicle diagnostics via OBDII port.

FleetLocate

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

The user interface was superior as well as the hardware options.
Leroy M.
  • Industry: Materiais de construção

Avaliado em 30/09/2020

Very satisfied Customer

We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Vantagens

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Desvantagens

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

Dave A.
  • Industry: Automotivo

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Vantagens

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Desvantagens

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Razões para escolher o Samsara

We didn't want to upgrade our Omnitracs with an inflated price after having been a customer for so long. Our IT director is highly respected in his field. His recommendation, after looking at just a few alternatives, was to choose Samsara based on the quality of the software.

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

Better price and better technology.
Elmo J.

Avaliado em 13/09/2019

Samsara vs Teletrac

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Vantagens

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Desvantagens

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Truckers Helper

Razões para escolher o Samsara

teletrac has NO customer service what so ever, or at least did not at the time we were having issues

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

customer service and reliability as recommended by the rep
Ajneel R.

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS.
I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE.
WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Vantagens

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Hope T.

Avaliado em 13/09/2019

Excellent Service

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Vantagens

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Desvantagens

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Avaliador Verificado

Avaliado em 16/09/2020

Full Fleet Management

Positive, continuously improving, and clearly a leader in the fleet management/dash cam software industry. They have all the features and then some.

Vantagens

Ease of installation was very important. This is a plug and play, while other options must be wired in by installers at a cost. The interface, features, and overall usability are much better than the two other companies I have used.

Desvantagens

Usual high pressure sales to start the process, but the negotiation and closing process was very smooth. Some reports and insights are slow to update but overall seems to be very accurate.

GPS Trackit

Razões para escolher o Samsara

Nextraq was very limited in the metrics and insight to driver safety. Process for installation was very cumbersome and lengthy. Customer service was outsourced.

NexTraq

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

Simplicity and ease of installation
Manjit G.

Avaliado em 16/06/2020

customer service

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Vantagens

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Desvantagens

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to:
system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Azuga Fleet e Verizon Connect

Razões para escolher o Samsara

fleet complete failed to provide us the service, we tried with fleet complete for about 2 years.

Razões para mudar para o Samsara

because of the cost, product and knowledge
Caira S.

Samsara Review

works fine

Vantagens

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Desvantagens

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Easier to use