Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o SimplePractice

SimplePractice is a cloud-based practice management system built to make the business side of private practice easier. Our easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant software helps health and wellness professionals automated their day-to-day...

Saiba mais

Notas do recurso

Veja as avaliações do SimplePractice

2.441 de 2.441 avaliações
Ordenar por:
Amanda G.

Avaliado em 07/08/2019

Simple Practice saved me!

Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Vantagens

I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Desvantagens

Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

Simple practice had many more needed features.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

David M.

Avaliado em 03/12/2019

The name of the software says it all.

Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Vantagens

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Desvantagens

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Tracy T.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 23/07/2021

Great for private practice

Overall happy with SImplePractice. I have been using for almost 2 years.

Vantagens

All in one product with EMR, client portal, scheduling, billing. Easy to use, user friendly. Telehealth option very easy to use as well.

Desvantagens

Does not have an easy option to use with applying insurance Vcard payments.

TheraNest

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

Ease of use, colleague recommendation. Clean to look at and user friendly. Was very helpful and easy to transition to telehealth when needed. I also like the help options and the webinars offered.
Amber S.

Avaliado em 26/05/2021

Administration is Frustrating

Vantagens

It is simple to use and if you don't have a large number of clients that you see then it works well.

Desvantagens

None of the billing reports include all data points that is necessary for keeping track of payments and insurance reimbursements. For example, one report may have date of service and paid amount, but not the date the payment was made or for which clinician. Another report may have the date of service, client, and clinician, but not the payment amount or date it was paid. This makes it necessary to keep records outside the system which creates a problem for record keeping from a HIPAA standpoint. It's also a problem that we are paying for a system that doesn't cover all our needs.

The second significant problem is that Simple Practice doesn't allow patient medical record numbers. They also have stated they do not intend to include this in future improvements. When you can't use the billing reports because they are incomplete, and then you can't assign a medical record number to a patient, it makes it extremely difficult to follow HIPAA guidelines on record keeping. You can assign a medical record number to a patient, but there is no place to put it so you are unable to do any reports or searches using the number. And, again, you must keep a record of it outside the system.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Hi Amber, thank you for the detailed review! You're right, none of our Reports include the date an insurance payment was made, but the Appointment Status Report includes the date of service, amount owed, amount insurance paid, amount client paid and the clinician's name. Here's more on the Appointment Status Report: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Although you can't assign a medical record number in the system, each client has a unique numerical code in the URL. You can use these numbers, or the entire URL to distinguish your clients from one another outside the system. - Ruth from SimplePractice

Respondido em 11/06/2021
Mark senyo A.
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Avaliado em 07/07/2021

simplifies all processes to a level that allows us to focus on actual client care

Simple practice was introduced to me and my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] during a medical conference we attended during the early stages of setting up our private practice. Thankfully, it came at a time when we were still developing our core processes and workflows, so it was able to shape our systems right from the very beginning.

Vantagens

Simple Practice is very easy to learn and get comfortable using. All the various features easily link up to others that follow or proceed in the logical process of service delivery, making product navigation extremely user friendly and smooth.

Desvantagens

The period allowed for the free trial is a bit short and does not allow potential buyers enough time to test all the core elements before having to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

OnCall Health

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

Simple practice had a more comprehensive set of features and more applicable uses for the stage we were in as a new practice

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

The recommendations we received from our network of associates and administrators were in favor of Simple Practice
Joy P.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Comprehensive Software for my Solo Practice

I tried a number of different software platforms, and SimplePractice was the most comprehensive and easy to use.

Vantagens

The Calendar is easy to use and the Client Portal is very convenient for clients to complete paperwork.

Desvantagens

The Video Telehealth option did not include key features and was expensive and nagivation of creating forms was difficult

My Clients Plus

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

SimplePractice was much easier to use and better for a solo practice.

CarePaths EHR

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

SimplePractice was much easier to use and better for a solo practice.
Hilary B.

Avaliado em 01/02/2021

Robust for most needs but an irritating oversight for telehealth

Vantagens

This software is richly featured. I've appreciated the ability to create very sophisticated custom online intake forms, and and the autopay enrollment for automated batch credit card billings. There is a lot of video how-to documentation and customer support is timely and attentive if not always able to resolve issues.

Desvantagens

Simple Practice has its own add-on telehealth option but makes it difficult to appear professional to clients if you are using another technology for your virtual sessions. The first office location you enter is what is displayed both on the customer portal and on superbills, with no way to separate the two. In my case this means the Post Office hosting my PO Box is displayed as my practice location on the portal with an associated map. Users of SP's telehealth option can input a separate billing address.

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

Substandard features and support Concerns about security

Most flexible configuration
Deidra L.

Avaliado em 18/03/2021

It gets pretty costly

Overall my experience with Simple Practice is positive, its just getting too expensive.

Vantagens

I like the fact that we no longer have to have paper files, ease of use overall and some of the features like appointment reminders, the ability to create and add your own documents. I also like the different templates already contained in the system. I have tried 3 other systems and will admit Simple Practice is my favorite.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately it looks like i'm going to have to switch systems because it is just getting to costly. There appears to be no cap on price. My practice is growing and so is my bill with Simple practice. I don't like that I have to pay for administrators and interns. There are no hands on tutorial options only videos. I also would like the Wiley feature to be more user friendly and make better use of this resource. It is somewhat confusing as it is currently.

Jessica P.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

Avaliado em 24/10/2019

Great Product for the Price

SimplePractice allows me to operate my private speech therapy practice efficiently, and does not cost an arm and a leg!! I highly recommend this product.

Vantagens

I pay much less for this software than for a similar product I used previously. The software is user friendly, and customer support personnel respond quickly when I have a question.

Desvantagens

There are some limitations. For example, clients can't easily upload documents to the portal, creating templates for documentation is tedious, etc.

Kristie C.
  • Setor: Serviços a indivíduos e famílias

Avaliado em 05/11/2020

Simple Practice

It has been a very good experience. I am looking forward to using it will all my clients.

Vantagens

The software is very user friendly and cost effective. I am able to integrate it with my calendar and I can take online payments easily.

Desvantagens

I have not found any negatives as I have begun to set it up. I’m still using the trial so don’t have much history.

Claire M.
  • Setor: Serviços ao consumidor

Avaliado em 12/01/2021

Simplifies EVERYTHING

Overall, it's been great! I was reluctant at first to pay what seemed like a lot of money at the time but they offer a world of information, tools, and resources to help with your business. It's a brilliant idea that is, for the most part, very well-executed.

Vantagens

SP is great for having everything you need to run a practice in one place. I have an app on my phone that I can use to quickly check my schedule, send reminders to clients and cancel, change, or add appointments. They have a good "reports" option so that you can see outstanding invoices, insurance claims, etc. plus a number of other categories. I really love how easy SP makes it to submit insurance claims. I don't want to do that by hand nor do I want to hire someone to do it for me so I really appreciate that. I like that clients can request appointments and that all of their info is in one place. SP was very quick to respond to COVID and I appreciate the HIPAA compliant telehealth platform they created during the pandemic at no additional charge. They have extensive training videos but I am mostly self-taught as that's how I learn best. They also offer pretty good CEU classes for not much money about a variety of topics. And, if you're like me and find it hard to sit for the entire class at once, they will email you reminders that you have unfinished classes which is always helpful.

Desvantagens

It is very difficult to actually speak to customer service. I spend a LOT of time typing in questions and then wading through what others have also asked about and the answers they got. Real time waster since we all word the issues differently so you get many irrelevant answers to try to parse. Half the time I can't remember how to get someone to actually chat with me - when they do it seems to work fine but can also be cumbersome depending on what the issue is.

Alicia K.

Avaliado em 13/10/2020

One Place for all of Your Electronic Medical Record Needs

I am a pediatric occupational therapist and have been very happy with Simple Practice. I would recommend it to anyone. I have also used this software as a client and it's very client-friendly. The passwordless login makes it easy to login, I like the appointment reminders by text and email. I have used the telehealth feature as a client, but not as a therapist. It doesn't work well for evaluations because of the way documents are formatted, so I write those and my plan of care forms/goals on a separate document outside of SP.

Vantagens

You can bill insurance with the click of a button. I love being able to make my own forms so documentation is more efficient, and the paperless intake process is smooth. Much of it is very customizable to the needs of your practice. The company is very receptive to feedback from users and is constantly upgrading and adding features.

Desvantagens

There was a learning curve to figure it out and I'm still learning about all of the reports they can run. I don't like the online scheduling feature very much, but that's partly because I'm used to using Acuity Scheduling which has many more features. I used the online scheduler briefly and wasn't thrilled that only new clients could use the online booking feature from the website; current clients have to login to the portal to schedule. I decided to just stick with Acuity because it allows me to get information from clients at the time of their booking and I can use it to schedule groups, which is a big part of my practice.

WebPT, Fusion e HelloNote

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

It has everything in one place.
Daren C.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 12/12/2019

Great Overall, but Their Settings Menu Needs Work

My experience has been good overall. I think they make a lot of aspects of treatment easy which is good given their name. I don't like very many EHR's in the world because all they care about is practice management and are pretty terrible for high-volume clinical tasks - which makes them indirectly quite expensive in terms of labor to use. I think SimplePractice is a good balance between the two - though their reporting and practice management is still pretty weak.

Vantagens

I really like their balance between practice management and clinical documentation for a small practice, as well as the degree of customization for forms and documents.

Their portal is pretty easy for clients to use (I rarely get people having trouble with it).

I like their booking widget for my website.

The telehealth video/audio quality is very good.

Their help database is one of the better ones I've seen, lots of great articles and clear instructions that seems to be kept up to date.

Desvantagens

Their settings menu is not intuitive and you have to hunt around to find the setting you are looking for.

CEU offerings are not on topics of interest to me.

Their clearinghouse doesn't have one of the carriers I need.

Reporting and practice management tools are weak.

Their paid therapist collaboration group where potentially sensitive information is discussed is hosted by Facebook (perhaps the most untrustworthy and unethical software company on the planet) AND they charge us to be invited to participate on a platform that doesn't cost SimplePractice any money to host other than maybe some moderating? That doesn't align well with the brand reputation and quality of SimplePractice and isn't really a good value for the money (in my opinion).

Kareo Clinical, ZenCharts, TheraNest e TherapyNotes

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

For the reasons I described in my overall experience.
Erin F.
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

Avaliado em 27/11/2019

A step in the right direction for our group practice.

So far, very excited, very pleased with your customer service and overall happy that we made the jump from three separate software over to one. Please see the comments above, in regard to your calendar which -- is the main criticism for your software. I would be happy to follow up on my ideas via email.

The overall cost for simple practice technically isn't saving us any money, but it is saving lots of time.

Vantagens

I love how FAST and transparent the claims billing and processing experience is. It takes just moments to file and send information out to insurance companies. Whereas we used to have to manually work back and forth from various accounts when using our previous EHR program.

I love the reporting features. We can cut out having to manually track information in excel sheets because Simple Practice makes it available to us at any time. This helps us to track claims, understand our financials and to keep on target with our clients' copays and claims.

The dropdown menus featured, to pull up information on a specific clinician, and pull up their practice information, clients and more is SUCH a great feature for managing our group practice.

Did I mention, that sending claims is easier than ever? - this ease alone is what has me and my team jumping for joy.

Desvantagens

I don't like your calendar. This is where things seem to go awry for myself and our clinicians. I think that you guys would benefit by updating and creating a much more user-friendly experience with more control and detail from the calendar.

Before making the change to Simple Practice, our office utilized and paid for Acuity Scheduling. While we totally understand that things would naturally be different from one program to the other, we were, and continue to be baffled and very confused with your calendar programming. Especially using it as a group practice.

The calendar is very unorganized, there really is no detail and it technically takes us 2-3 minutes longer to schedule new clients because you do not offer a drop-down box or mini-calendar to select from in order to see available times. I also cannot stand, the way that when you click in an availble slot in the day view, it defaults to the very minute -- 60 minute sessions need to begin on the hour, and when we are selecting the date, we are having to correct it from " 5:15 pm" to "5:00 pm".

Managing therapists schedules is also a pain. I would like to see an overhaul to your calendar that features new availability designation, new appointment selection, and one that works based on the times and hours that each therapist states for their own schedule. I want to see more control int he calendar.

End request: Create a much better, user friendly calendar!

Nicolais C.

Avaliado em 01/11/2019

Great software - could use some simple features

Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

Vantagens

I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

Desvantagens

The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

TheraNest e TherapyNotes

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

Client Portal, online payments, editable forms that can be e-signed.

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

It was a hard decision over TherapyNotes. TherapyNotes has billing features and layout that is easier to understand. I went with SimplePractice because the client portal and online for,s are more accessible to clients and staff. Heads up though, in regard to features and accessibility, TherapyNotes is catching up to SimplePractice.
Jennifer W.

Avaliado em 23/10/2019

Satisfied with Current Services and Optimistic about Future Improvements

The primary reason I am using Simple Practice is for the insurance billing capabilities so I can make my life easier and not hire a biller.

Vantagens

I love the overnight billing with auto-pay and the entirely digital intake and consent forms.

Desvantagens

I have encountered issues when trying to create insurance claims. Additionally, it is a bit pricey considering the fact that many of the offered services can be achieved through GSuite for $6 a month for HIPAA protected documentation and intake forms, and through Square Appointments (a service that comes free when Square is utilized for fee collection).

DocuSign, TheraNest e Stripe Billing

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

I switched from Square and G suite once I got credentialed by insurance panels, as I needed to start billing insurance. Additionally, G suite was not created for private practice so it was a little chaotic and very DIY (and disorganized) and Square's hardware malfunctioned when WIFI signals were not strong - and charged 3.5% to manually charge without the card present.

Google Workspace

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

Better reviews from other private practitioners, positive experience with 30 day free trial.
Braden D.

Avaliado em 30/09/2019

Excellent software, simple design

Overall it is the best software solution that I was able to find and I tested quite a few. The only other one that came close at a comparable price was Therapy Appointment but I found Simple Practice to be overall better. I do like it and really hope that they constantly improve the software to include the things I mentioned above. If they do then I do not see myself leaving Simple Practice for a long time.

Vantagens

For me the best feature of this software is the online integration such as the client portal, the syncing with my google calendar, the video appointment capability, online scheduling, online bill payment, texting feature, automatic appointment reminders and easy online access to my EHR. I also like the simple modern design - this is what initially attracted me to simple practice. I have had good experience with customer service. Sometimes chat has been available but other times I've had to email them (but I wish chat was always available).

Desvantagens

I want more customization capability. Such as customizing what the client portal looks like (graphic design of the portal is lacking). Also would like to better customize the reminder and welcome emails, such as by being able to use rich text formatting. I would like to be able to customize discreet data fields in the EHR, such as being able to edit my demographics form to include things I want to track. And also be able to have discreet custom data fields such as to keep track of PHQ-9 scores or other biometric data I want to be able to track over time.

I would also like to have faxing built into the software because I work closely with medical providers and this is their primary way of communicating with other providers.

Also wish they would offer a different credit card processing vendor because Stripe is one of the most expensive ones I compared.

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

Overall most robust software with the best visual design at a reasonable cost.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Thank you for your positive review, Braden. We're glad that SimplePractice is the solution you chose for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Respondido em 10/12/2019
Heather K.

Avaliado em 08/09/2019

Not Bad, but I miss Epic

So far, I've only created templates, added clients, and input insurance information. I'm moving on to billing next week so I'll know more then.

I would add that I really appreciated the half-hour in-person tutorial (via zoom) I received near the end of my trial period.

Vantagens

There are many things I like about this EMR: the format is pleasing and (mostly) intuitive, the side bars are handy, and the trove of FAQ's and videos is astounding and often very helpful.

Desvantagens

The templates limit the user to certain forms and give fairly small boxes for narrative responses. I used to use EPIC and I miss being able to populate an open page with my template and add/adjust it as desired, like a Word document.

I also wish the calendar allowed for more detail--like, a different color for intakes vs follow-up appointments would be really nice. Or, there could be a code before the client's name in the calendar slot--like, 'I - Jane Doe' and 'F - John Doe'.

I also wish that the end time of the appts was more clear. I like to schedule a 15 min break between my appts and the "Weekly" view is definitely better than the "monthly" view for this, but still not as clear as I would like.

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

Moved from a clinic to private practice

EpicCare EMR

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

Two reasons: 1) I found a review that compared Simple Practice, Therapy Notes and one other small business EMR and Simple Practice compared favorably, and 2) A friend was using Simple Practice and I trust her recommendation.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Heather, thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you've found a lot to like about SimplePractice. We're always working on improving SimplePractice to streamline your workflows even further - thank you for your suggestions of what you'd like to see in SimplePractice in the future. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Respondido em 11/09/2019
Geoff G.

Avaliado em 26/08/2019

Seamless transition, works exactly as described

Vantagens

- Seamless transition from prior electronic medical record (EMR) to SimplePractice. Just great.
- Everything works, and loads fast
- UI is clear, intuitive
- Features work really well, including the videoconferencing add-on. Just really great!

Bottom line: It works exactly as described, was easy to set up, and really is a joy to use. Seriously.

Desvantagens

I have not found something I didn’t like yet. I have been using it for a few days since I set it up this week, and everything is working really well! No problems.

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

Functionality was inconsistent, user interface was slow and difficult at times

WeCounsel

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

After talking to colleagues, I narrowed my decision down to TherapyNotes or SimplePractice. Both were reported to work well by those who used them. I chose SimplePractice because it seemed to be designed for individual clinicians rather than primarily for group practices (keeping it “Simple”) without skimping on necessarily functionality. Additionally, SimplePractice offers robust document management (clients can sign documents paper-free), and integrated secure videoconferencing. Perfect!

Resposta de SimplePractice

Geoff, welcome to the SimplePractice Community. We're glad that your transition to SimplePractice was seamless, and that you enjoy using our all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Respondido em 04/09/2019
Michelle H.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 06/08/2019

Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use.

In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Vantagens

Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Desvantagens

Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Victoria F.

Avaliado em 05/08/2019

Best Scope of Functionality for Price Out There

Vantagens

I love all that I can do with Simple Practice. I was looking for a service that can house my client documents for my in-person private practice, teletherapy practice, and coaching business all in one. It makes the onboarding/intake process for new clients so streamlined and easy. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about as a new small business owner. Customer support has been excellent. It feels great knowing I'll have help if I need it for something so essential to my business.

Desvantagens

Sometimes it's not that simple to use! But I think it speaks more to the breadth of options available than to the software itself. There's so much I could do with it, at times it is overwhelming.

TherapyNotes e Doxy.me

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

I wanted a service that had both telehealth and an EHR system. I didn't want to switch services later.

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

The great things I've heard about Simple Practice, having experience with it in the group practice I work for and knowing its ease of use.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Victoria, we appreciate your glowing review. Our goal is to support practices like yours so they can grow and thrive. Thanks for choosing SimplePractice as your all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Casey C.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

Avaliado em 31/07/2019

Overall great software that could use a few improvements

Overall, I have been happy with Simple Practice. I wanted a place I could handle paperwork, notes, billing, scheduling, and secure video and messaging--this has got it all. It's priced fairly, and so far has been more consistent than more expensive competitors. The support staff is helpful and quick to respond, but I would like to see clients have direct support access so that I am not having to be a middle person when they have technical issues. (I was told they try to limit client contact for privacy reasons, but with a BAA and informed consent in place, I don't see how privacy would be an issue.) The biggest change I would like to see is for clients to be able to upload and send documents. This is something I'd imagine multiple users would appreciate as many of us are offering telehealth and need to have a copy of each client's ID. Also, it would be more convenient for providers if clients could access their demographics so that the provider is not responsible for making changes whenever they'd like to opt in/out of text or email alerts. Finally, I'd like to see the consent documents moved out of the client portal and with the other forms so they are more easily accessible for updating.

Vantagens

Mostly user-friendly, responsive and helpful customer support, customizable templates, clear video, easy client onboarding and billing, great value for the price

Desvantagens

Placement of consent documents is awkward and not intuitive. I would like the client to be able to send documents to me, access tech support, and change their demographic info and opt in/out choices.

CounSol.com, TheraNest, Doxy.me e VSee Clinic

Razões para escolher o SimplePractice

It cost nearly twice as much and rarely worked as advertised. They offered credits, but I needed working software--they cost me clients.

WeCounsel

Razões para mudar para o SimplePractice

All the features I needed were in one product with Simple Practice, onboarding is simple, and the price is fair.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Hi Casey, thanks for your positive review, and for calling SimplePractice a great value for the price. We're proud to provide an excellent product at a great value to private practices everywhere. Welcome to our community. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Respondido em 12/08/2019
Lisa e G.
  • Setor: Consultório médico
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 25/01/2019

Does a lot.

Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.

Vantagens

Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.

Desvantagens

Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.

- Gillian from SimplePractice

Respondido em 08/02/2019
Nadirah M.
  • Setor: Serviços a indivíduos e famílias
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 28/11/2018

Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded!

First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.

Vantagens

I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...

Desvantagens

I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.

Hi Nadirah,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We look forward to hearing from you.

- Natasha from SimplePractice

Respondido em 07/12/2018
Avaliador Verificado

Avaliado em 17/09/2018

Still learning, but loving it!

It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!

Vantagens

It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said...
I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet).

Being cloud based was an absolute must.

Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface!

The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment.

Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day.

Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.

Desvantagens

I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring.

Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc.

I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly.

It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.

Resposta de SimplePractice

Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice.

- Gillian from SimplePractice