NetSuite Manufacturing Edition offers an integrated inventory, warehouse management, accounting and financial management, order management, customer relationship management (CRM), and e-commerce platform. Offered as a cloud-based solution and delivered over the web, NetSuite can be used by manufacturing businesses to manage production orders, ensure base inventory level restocking, and ensure the success and quality of special orders. In addition, the system also supports inventory for multiple locations, assembly management requirements, bill of materials, work order management, diverse methods of measurement, barcoding procedures, and other necessary business processes in the manufacturing industry. It can also integrate shipping processes with mainstream carriers, such as FedEx.
NetSuite Manufacturing Edition can help track down leads and turn them into finalized orders, while also tracking the association between production and revenue for manufacturing companies. The business dashboard is customizable and allows monitoring real-time business operations.
As with other SaaS packages, the system can be accessed online, with less upfront cost and a substantially less complex implementation process.
Aaron O. Especialidade: Serviços jurídicos Número de funcionários: 51-200 funcionários
We have used NetSuite for two years now. The Software saves us lots of time and makes our job easier.
User friendly software!!! Great for custom reporting and searches, able to import payroll in a few minutes, drill down feature, web-based you can use anywhere and open multiple windows at the same time. The ability to scan in AP backup which saves space and time on billing and audits, recent activity allows you to find what you did last quickly, dashboard can be customized to specific users - shows key performance indicators such as bank balances, sales & expense versus other periods. There are workflows to automate task such as vendor approvals, customer service and all NetSuite employees are very friendly and extremely helpful. Also being a non-profit, NetSuite employees volunteer their time with through Pro Bono projects - we have used this three times with great results.
Any hurdles or issues that i have had were solved by reaching out to NetSuite. One year I was having difficulty printing 1099's but customer service helped get me on track.
Mariana V. Especialidade: Biotecnologia Número de funcionários: 13-50 funcionários
- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays.
-The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team.
- They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver.
- Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.
- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc.
- The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate;
- The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn;
- The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.
Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples:
1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field.
2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project.
3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases.
In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.
Avaliador Verificado Especialidade: Serviços meio ambientais Número de funcionários: 13-50 funcionários
Netsuite was chosen by our company around 9 months ago and has been in use since January 2015. Implementation was long process and was expensive. Costs include the purchase of main licence, an expensive per-person licence, paying a consulting firm to run the implementation project and having a dedicated in-house employee as "admin" to support the other users.
Netsuite has brought some great changes to our company and improved our record keeping hugely. It has also brought transparency to many of the processes and highlighted bottlenecks.
There are many downsides however, we have run into a plethora of technical problems with logic and programming along the way, while error messages abound (much to the annoyance and over-work of the consultant's team). All of the glitches have been worked out and customer service from the NS themselves has been extremely fast and professional.
Adding to the downsides, Netsuite is probably the LEAST intuitive system I have used since the 90s. It really seems like it is stuck in the past. There are hardly any icons, no drag and drop and navigation is inconsistent. Additionally, as a general manager, I need to extract information and data quickly and easily, but I cannot. Every time I want to extract data I have to go to our in-house admin for her to "write a search" in a logic/language that took her months to learn. Nobody else has time to learn that, so nobody else can do it. To my knowledge, NS has poor graphing capabilities and is very rigid in that I cannot easily change the way data is displayed once it is graphed. Usually, if I want data and I have not got time to wait for the admin to write the search pattern for me, I just export a large amount of data with a predefined/standard search and filter it and graph it with Excel - but this always begs the question, why are we paying through the nose for a program (NS) that is so difficult to use that it forces me to use another program (Excel) to make up for its inadequacies?
I could go on with the downsides of how unusable it is from a manger's point of view - there is a lot to say, but I think you get the picture.
The biggest downfall of Netsuite for me is that it is so hard to use that staff really do not want to use it. This is particularly evident in the sales department. They will only really use it for what they really have to use it for: making quotes, so we lose out. Customer data does not get sufficiently recorded, project details are lacking, contacts are hard to look up, customer account history is never recorded (we can't even find the field to put that in). Other systems we used before, e.g. Zoho CRM, Pipedrive and even Excel, are easy to use and therefore get used by the staff. A system such as Netsuite might have a beautifully coded backend, but if it discourages use through extreme user-unfriendliness, it becomes an almost useless system.
Solid back end
Keeps excellent and accurate records that are easily audited
Brings transparency to processes
Too difficult to use and therefore staff refrain from using it for all but the most essential tasks
Requires an in-house expert to help run the system
Requires months of repeated training to get staff up to speed
Poor for tracking customer account history
Extremely difficult to extract and graph the data that you need from it
Rigid and hard to change display and parameters of any data displays
Arthur H. Especialidade: Atacadistas Número de funcionários: 2-10 funcionários
The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.
Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.
Adeoye A. Especialidade: Administração pública Número de funcionários: 51-200 funcionários
It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.
That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.
There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.