Front is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small and midsize businesses. Front consolidates various communication channels such as email accounts, Facebook and Twitter, and helps users to automate communication workflows.
When a message comes in to Front, users have the option to assign messages to specific team members, start internal discussions around messages within the application and sync work across other software such as Salesforce and Github. Users can also set up rules for automatic actions when messages meet certain conditions.
Other features include reminders, response templates, the ability to follow conversations and real-time alerts when another user is responding to a message. Front also includes analytics and reporting tools that let users view metrics for categories such as inboxes, user activity, tags and customers.
Support is provided via email and an online support forum. Pricing is per user per month, billed annually.
Marjolaine L. Especialidade: Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário Número de funcionários: 13-50 funcionários
We have a shared inbox and we had trouble to avoid double answers and we had to forward the emails to each other or CC them on our replies so they could get informed of a conversation
Sharing emails without having to forward them, being able to have internal conversations within an email, plenty of integrations
When I need to speak to all the team, I have to create a discussion and add them all, one by one.
I'd rather have the possibility to @team within an email or a discussion to make sure they are all included.
I also whish we could find a slack inbox where we could find all the channels we have and avoid having to switch between the two softwares.
Ari P. Especialidade: Serviços jurídicos Número de funcionários: 51-200 funcionários
We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.
Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.
Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.
Jessica S. Especialidade: Biotecnologia Número de funcionários: 2-10 funcionários
Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.
Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.
There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.
Avaliador Verificado Especialidade: Publicidade e marketing Número de funcionários: 51-200 funcionários
The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice.
The snooze function on emails.
The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.
My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes.
There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front problems.
1. No calendar. Cannot make appointments, set up meetings, etc.
2. Unable to edit messages in a previous thread. Say someone sends you a list of questions. You cannot just answer next to their list in the previous email and say "see below."
3. Archiving messages... when we first switched to Front, the management team used it for a few weeks to test it. When the team was instructed to switch within the next couple weeks, and BOOM thousands of emails that Front could not autoarchive. I had about 10 emails in Outlook during the switch. The front inbox had accumulated thousands over the course of the management test period. Front could only auto archive shared inboxes, not personal. I had to spend 20 minutes selecting 3000 emails to auto archive since it didn't sync correctly with Outlook.
4. Saving emails... you can't. You only have the option to send a link of the email which only works for those that also used front.
5. You cannot edit pasted tables in front, as far as formatting goes. No deletion of columns or making rows smaller.
6. No red flags or categorizing. Often I'd keep emails in Outlook and red flag them to remind myself to check on it before I leave. No flagging in Outlook. This is replaced by snoozing in Front to make it reappear later, but I do miss the flag option.
7. You archive something in someone else's inbox that they share with you... it archives in their inbox, too.
8. No options to make folders. You want to move emails to a folder to refer to later? You cannot.
I could go on and on and ended up emailing a list of 18 problems after using Front for the first 3 months to management who sent to Front support. The responses were basically they hope to rollout that feature one day. Which obviously doesn't help now.
Adam G. Especialidade: Mobiliário Número de funcionários: 13-50 funcionários
The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).
There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.